Tipping "The Haven"s Butler and Concierge

IamaTexasCruiser

5 minutes ago, complawyer said:

before posters start yelling at me that there is no need to tip as it's included in the DSC,

as the saying goes, "you get what  you pay for" i personally am more than willing to spend some extra $$$ to up my degree of service.

Very much my thought on this.  I'm not trying to be a roller.  These folks go out of our way to make sure we have the best time possible. 

There's a huge rabbit hole this all can go down about tipping and such.  In the end, I think most folks want to show appreciation.  The reason they keep asking, is to know how much seems like a fair amount to do so. 

Thanks for lending your thoughts on who and how much you tend to leave.

hey k_s. thanks for your vote of confidence.  my post is nothing  I  haven't posted many times in  the past. I may tip a little more as necessary, but never less that the stated amount. I might also add, to those that are interested, if I'm having breakfast in the buffet, and the cook is making me an omelet, he/she gets an additional $1.00 same as the evening if someone is making me a crepe. If I'm eating in Teppenyaki, after the meal, I always give the cook $10.00 regardless of how 

many other people were at my table.

Again, as I've also stated many times before, on this issue, there is no right or wrong answer

who, when and why someone will tip or not, is purely discretionary. no one else will know, and certainly, no one else will care. if someone notices I'm leaving a tip, and they ask me, I

will more than gladly explain my reasoning

Obviously, if you're not  in the cabin category that gives you a butler and/or a concierge, there's no one to tip. For me, it's an absolute MUST to tip the cabin steward, more than a few $$$ and also depending  on how long your cruise happens to be.

So k_s if we find we're ever on the same cruise, let's get together, go to the nearest bar, and tip the bartender outrageously (LOL)

• Like 2