Freestyle Coca-Cola

shipmeoff!

We were just on the Nieuw Statendam and the Freestyle machine was gone (or maybe hidden). When we asked, we were told it was not working and to go to any bar with our cups.

Say it ain't so 😒since we get on the ship Sunday.

If it's there, it's located on the port side between the Lido buffet and the midship pool, across from the bar and self-serve beer taps.

17 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I have sailed the K twice and the NS once and never have I seen the freestyle machine working.  Ditto the beer taps 

+1

As recently as Jan for K'dam and Dec for NS.

• Like 1

On Koningsdam now.  This morning they removed the Coke Freestyle machines (that hadn't worked at all this trip... or probably most any other sailing).  Bar tender told me they were sending them back to Coke... Not sure what that means!  

PXL_20240404_201100182.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, KAKcruiser said:

Isn't it annoying to have to walk around with a special cup all the time?  

You don't have to carry the cup.  You get a "Coke" sticker on your keycard and can show it at any bar to get a soda of your choice (from the "gun", not cans). 

On 4/5/2024 at 1:44 AM, singleflyer said:

You don't have to carry the cup.  You get a "Coke" sticker on your keycard and can show it at any bar to get a soda of your choice (from the "gun", not cans). 

You do have to have the cup to use the Freestyle machine.  I presume it reads a chip in the bottom of the cup?  

The cups are insulated so your ice lasts longer, which is nice.  I agree they’re a pain to lug about sometimes.

But on our Rotterdam cruise March 2023 the Freestyle machine only worked with Diet Coke for a few hours of the 10 days we were onboard.  We were sailing with friends who usually sail Royal Caribbean (their first HAL cruise) and they said the newer RC ships -known as “Apartment Buildings of the Seas” by some folks- have multiple Freestyle machines and almost always worked. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zippercat said:

You do have to have the cup to use the Freestyle machine.  I presume it reads a chip in the bottom of the cup?  

The cups are insulated so your ice lasts longer, which is nice.  I agree they’re a pain to lug about sometimes.

But on our Rotterdam cruise March 2023 the Freestyle machine only worked with Diet Coke for a few hours of the 10 days we were onboard.  We were sailing with friends who usually sail Royal Caribbean (their first HAL cruise) and they said the newer RC ships -known as “Apartment Buildings of the Seas” by some folks- have multiple Freestyle machines and almost always worked. 

Since the Freestyle machines were broken (and then removed completely half way into the cruise), there was no need to have the plastic cup at any time on my sailing.  Instead I just showed my "Coke" sticker on my room key and was given soda at the bars.  I did sometimes use my Coke cup, but often the bartenders wouldn't serve the drink in the plastic cup (probably because of germs) and instead would pour it in a fresh glass and have me pour it into the plastic Coke cup if I wanted to do so.  

I agree, if there were Freestyle machines all over the ship (or at least Lido and Promenade decks), it would be much better (and I would have carried around my cup).  I'm guessing you are right, there is probably a chip in the bottom of the cup.  I've seen much smaller Freestyle machines now so they could place them around the ship without it being an eyesore.