Creaking on Vista

wencel

14 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Is this creaking noise location-specific?  

In my experience (based on the new SS Nova and New Oceania Vista) it most often (and the worst of it) comes from the ceiling by the veranda. I mentioned it to my cabin attendant yesterday and a ship maintenance tech came by quickly to see if he can do anything. He explained it's the panels rubbing against each other. He fiddle with the ceiling a bit and it seemed to improve but 15 mins after he left the creaking started getting louder. He said to properly fix it would require opening up the ceiling, which they can't do without pulling the ship out of service.

We have two sides by side cabins on deck 7 mid ship. One has much louder creaking than the other. On the Nova creaking was also quite intense at times in the hallway and at least one corner of the MDR...and all of it is, of course, based on how much the ocean rocks the ship!

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2023 at 9:30 AM, pilgrimage said:

Yes, we're in the same boat, so to speak.  One spot in the ceiling right next to the window in our PH.  Constant loud creaking while the ship is in motion, and even when docked if the seas are rough as they were in Costa Maya.  They sent someone to look at it, but I suspect it would require major surgery to fix.

We had that problem last Jan. on the Riviera. They actually came down & put these spacers & it helped quite a bit. Kind of what you did with a pack of matches under a wobbly chair/table leg.