Carnival Cakes

luvgreys

Has anyone ever tried these? My parents are celebrating their 30th anniversary, and I want to order them a cake. Are they good? I have read that they have not arrived, or arrived on the wrong date. I am just wondering if they taste OK. If not..I will go the bottle of wine route.

Thanks again!

I have ordered two cakes - the chocolate and the vanilla. Both to celebrate birthdays - two different cruise ships. They were wonderful! I would order a cake - if your parents like cake - they will love these. Also, the chocolate covered strawberries are great too! They go well with a little bubbly.

I have ordered two cakes - the chocolate and the vanilla. Both to celebrate birthdays - two different cruise ships. They were wonderful! I would order a cake - if your parents like cake - they will love these. Also, the chocolate covered strawberries are great too! They go well with a little bubbly.

Chocolate covered strawberries!!! Yummy! That is what I will do! I will order a botle of champangne. I need Lent to hurry up and be over so I can eat chocolate again.:(

Thanks for the great idea!!!

Order the Cake! They will enjoy the surprise, and the taste is great. We have celebrated two anniversaries on Carnival and many family birthdays. The cakes were served on the dates requested. Even if Carnival makes a mistake with the date, I think the cruise is a week-long anniversary celebration and every day is part of the party. How can you lose? Happy Anniversary and Happy Cruising!:)

Now maybe the cakes differ depending on what ship you're on, but I ordered the vanilla cake for my husband on the Feb 25th Celebraion cruise and it was just horrible.

It was so bad we couldn't give it away. We offered it to our table mates and we all took a huge slice and after 1-bite, none of us ate anymore. It taste like dry/warm sugarless cool whip ontop of a cake.

We were so embarassed about how nasty it was, we took it back to our cabin and left it outside in the hallway. We didn't want the people in the dining room to know how much we hated it.

Truth is, we would have been better off if we had popped open a box of little debbies and passed them around.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! OH GAWD THE HORROR!!!!!! *VOMIT*

Yes - it was that bad!

We had the chocolate cake for our anniversary on Feb 14th on the Miracle and I do have to say it was very good!

I was pleasantly surprised, very moist.

2868206580055441959TLHYOa_ph.jpg

Go for it!

Maybe we should have had the chocolate. I love cake, but I can honestly say that the vanilla was probably one of the worst things I have ever tasted.

Most of the deserts on the ship are made with that funky whipped topping, I'm not a fan. It's cheap and fairly tasteless.

Archived