Need more help!

Cruisin Around

Hi Everyone,

I'm coming to all of you again for your wisdom and experience. (Calling all Yoda's out there!)

My husband and I are still deciding on if we are going to do a Bermuda cruise this September. It looks more and more like if we do it, it would be on Celebrity out of Cape Liberty. They have a sweetheart of a deal that includes extras and r/t motorcoach transportation- a real plus for us. We've sailed once with Celebrity and once with Royal Caribbean and I'd be hard pressed to find a problem with either. We've been on the Galaxy and Voyager. I'm 30 and my husband is 36. We're not hard core partiers, but not prudes, so an older crowd doesn't bother us, nor does a younger crowd, although I can't say we're into a drunken, rowdy group. We are very able-bodied and like to walk and explore, but we're not adventure seekers where we're looking to do crazy, wild things either (ex. we climbed Dunn's River falls last year in Jamaica and that was about as daring as I get!). Neither of us are into diving or snorkeling but we do like beaches. If we go to Bermuda, will there be enough to do to keep us busy? Where are the best places to go and see? We're not they types to just lay on a beach all day, we like to sight see too. A few hours on a pink sand beach sounds like heaven, but...then what? I also LOVED the food on Celebrity and we probably would not be looking for restaurants in Bermuda because we'd be eating on the ship. How much bigger is Galaxy in relation to Zenith? I keep reading about how charming Zenith is and that it's an older ship, but will I be disappointed? I'm no "ship snob" and I don't need ice rinks or rock walls, but will I still feel like I'm on a cruise and not on something dinky?

Well, I feel like I've given you my lifestory! Again, any cruise is a good one, but I'd like to hear from some people that maybe feel like we do (with similar tastes).

Thanks so much everyone!

Dear Gina, aka Cruisin Around;

My wife and I took two cruises to Bermuda on the Horizon, sister ship to the Zenith. As a matter of fact we will be cruising on the Zenith September 23rd of this year. Having sailed on the Galaxy and the Century I was a little skeptical going down to a smaller ship. However, the Horizon was very comfortable. I enjoyed the ship and the cruise very much and I feel that the smaller ships have something that the larger ships don't. There were definitely some advantages to the Horizon. For one there weren't as many people which led to shorter lines, and it seemed to take a little less time to get off the ship. The food is still the same fantastic quality you get on all Celebrity ships. My wife loves the beach and she took me along when we went last year. The day was absolutely fantastic. Gentle breezes, warm sun, the water isn't going to knock you off your feet due to the reef that cuts down on the waves, and just plain relaxing. As far as Bermuda goes, I don't know if you enjoy golf, but Bermuda has some great courses. There are a lot of sights to see in Bermuda - Get on line and order some information about Bermuda or ask the people on Cruise Critic about some of the things they've done. I really feel that you would enjoy Bermuda and the Zenith. We are going to be cruising on the Freedom of the Seas in November and I really don't know what to expect. I guess I'll see when we go. I know it is one of the largest ships at the present time. More people, longer lines...I'm waiting to see.

Cruisin Around...

You've come to the right place. We were there last October on Zenith from Cape Liberty and had a great time. We saw more and did more than most folks on the ship, and we did it on a budget. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again.

Here is our VERY long and VERY detailed review...

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

Feel free to post any questions.

Archived