Tips for Solo Travellers?

Solotraveller603

Hi,

I'm travelling on the Bergen to Bergen trip in a month's time, and wondering if any one has any tips about the cruise?  Any thing from what to bring to recommendations for onshore activities while in port.

I'm quite used to travelling solo but this I my first solo cruise and I really want to make the most of it.

I'm booked on the MS Nordlys if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Solotraveller603 said:

Hi,

I'm travelling on the Bergen to Bergen trip in a month's time, and wondering if any one has any tips about the cruise?  Any thing from what to bring to recommendations for onshore activities while in port.

I'm quite used to travelling solo but this I my first solo cruise and I really want to make the most of it.

I'm booked on the MS Nordlys if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I think that for solo travellers the main thing regardless of the ship or itinerary, unless you want to be an introvert, is to be at the dining room at opening and ask to be seated at a table for 6 and then you will get one or two other couples seated with you.  Just don't ask for the table for two.

Use the excursions to meet people too.  You are experiencing the same things so it is quite normal to make comments to others and start up conversation.

Based on our recent experience, you will be assigned a table number and time for dinner. Breakfast and lunch is open seating so there would be more opportunity to interact with fellow guests.

As for what to bring, there is no kleenex in the cabin and the air is dry and cold so make sure you have plenty of lotion or moisturizer.