P&O Pacific Adventure

Posted (edited)

We are leaving soon on the Pacific Adventure. I have a few questions ...

Does anyone know if the power points in the cabins are Australian or US type?

Are we allowed to take power boards?

We've booked two cabins now the kids are teens. Are the two cabins separate booking numbers for a reason, it makes booking tours etc much more difficult? No idea how this is going to work for restaurant bookings too?

Roll call - apparently this ship doesn't exist???

Edited by Qak_again

Hi welcome to Cruise Critic,

There should be an Aussie power point in your cabin by the desk, as well as a US one. There should be a few USB ports as well.

It depends on the powerboard, generally one's with surge protection will not be allowed. 

See the Maitre de and get your bookings aligned so that you are seated together, however if  you show up together to eat at any of the restaurants, both room numbers will be asked for any way. 

For tours, you will need to book both cabins in for the same time on the same shorexs and show up at the theatre at the same time to ensure the same group number tickets.

As for the roll call for your cruise, there may not be one but check here 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/forum/2470-pacific-adventure-roll-calls/

• Like 3

Hi Mic and Rosie Canberra.

I will not be at this cruise (this is just a way to get in contact with you) but I met you on an Azamara Cruise in October 2022. I'm from the Netherlands and you thought I looked a lot like your aunt. I like to mail you about things I found out in the family. Don't know if it's a connection but you'll never know. 

You can mail me on jokedotsmithatcasemadotnl. 

Thank you and....all the best for 2024. 

Grtz, Jo Smith

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Qak_again said:

We are leaving soon on the Pacific Adventure. I have a few questions ...

Does anyone know if the power points in the cabins are Australian or US type?

Are we allowed to take power boards?

We've booked two cabins now the kids are teens. Are the two cabins separate booking numbers for a reason, it makes booking tours etc much more difficult? No idea how this is going to work for restaurant bookings too?

Roll call - apparently this ship doesn't exist???

Welcome.

Powerpoints - both AU & US. If you already have a US to AU adaptor, take it for an extra socket. The quantity of sockets depends on your cabin type, but just count on one of each. They also have at least two USB-A charging ports.

Powerboards. Treat it as a no. They are getting stricter on what they will allow each season. They may allow it, or even miss it on screening, but you won't have a plan B if it is confiscated. This is P&O's current FAQ:

For safety reasons, we ask guests not to use their own electrical appliances onboard except electrical shavers and approved medical equipment. Some electrical items and personal grooming devices, such as power boards, laptops, phone and camera charges, hair dryers, hair straighteners, curling irons and shavers may be allowed onboard if they are deemed to be in safe and proper working condition, and if used with proper caution. If any electrical device is deemed to pose a hazard, they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. Don’t forget, there is also a hairdryer in every room.

For our cruises on sister brands this season (Carnival & Princess) we have been asked if we have a powerboard or alcohol in our luggage at bag drop. Until this season, the question was only about alcohol. The assistants at bag drop and at X-ray screening are not electricians, and they now confiscate powerboards - it seems they currently consider them a hazard by default.

Each cabin is a separate identity on the ship, hence separate booking numbers. You should also be able to link your bookings though. Ring P&O (or your agent if you booked that way). This will also be important for how you setup your onboard account (s).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dudeljo said:

Hi Mic and Rosie Canberra.

I will not be at this cruise (this is just a way to get in contact with you) but I met you on an Azamara Cruise in October 2022. I'm from the Netherlands and you thought I looked a lot like your aunt. I like to mail you about things I found out in the family. Don't know if it's a connection but you'll never know. 

You can mail me on jokedotsmithatcasemadotnl. 

Thank you and....all the best for 2024. 

Grtz, Jo Smith

@Dudeljo, will do. 

• Like 1