NCL Bliss Cabin confusion

I am so confused. I am looking at sailing on the Bliss, looking at balcony and inside staterooms, as we need two cabins.

Many of the inside and balcony cabins are called Family Balcony or Family Inside.... I am trying to figure out the differences with the "Family" designation. More square footage? Pullman? Is the pullman an eyesore if you don't need it. HELP. Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, travispete said:

I am so confused. I am looking at sailing on the Bliss, looking at balcony and inside staterooms, as we need two cabins.

Many of the inside and balcony cabins are called Family Balcony or Family Inside.... I am trying to figure out the differences with the "Family" designation. More square footage? Pullman? Is the pullman an eyesore if you don't need it. HELP. Thank you in advance.

Try this page on the NCL site.

Note the various categories to choose on the left tp reveal more specific cabin types.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/bliss/staterooms/inside

Posted (edited)

On the NCL site, many of the "family" cabins are I4, B4, M4, etc.

NCL actually has many categories within Inside, Balcony, etc. like cruiser2015 linked, but the site hides what the actual category is (IA, IB, I4,...). Not every ship has the same categories.

3rd party travel agent sites are better about splitting them up and showing the true category better.

My understanding is that the "family" category should sleep 4 people and be located near things that might interest families. But other categories can sleep 4 as well. 

Edited by boxedmoon

We have always booked family, 3 and 4 person cabins (Pullman folds into the wall or ceiling), and they’ve been near the kids club. They usually won’t book fewer than 4 into a cabin that sleeps 4.

• Like 1