Online Check-In Question

Posted (edited)

We are traveling with friends soon on the Venezia.  I have the booking numbers for both groups, but the reservations are not the same.  Can I link the other party to my account and have them check in at the same time as us, even though it's a separate reservation (they're paying for everything on their own)?  Or would it be better to have us do the online check-in without linking the reservations?

I usually use Royal and know that you can link reservations quite simply on their app for things like dinner or shows.

Finally, do we need to fill out all the forms and everything in one sitting?  Most of us have passports, but not all of us are in the same household, so we would need to coordinate this part of the check-in a little bit if we have to do everything in one sitting.

Our check-in opens this week, so I would at least like to get the arrival time signed up for and would appreciate any help.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

You can link them to your account but they still have to check-in on their own so if you all want to walk onto the ship together, y'all will have to check-in and pick the same time slot. If you want one of the earlier ones you should do it at the same time when it opens up.

Go to your booking & order details scroll down about halfway and you'll see the "invite to be cruise companions" section. Then you'll be linked.

You don't need reservations for shows but if you want to eat dinner together and you chose the My Time dining instead of Anytime, you'll have to have the same time slots. If not, then you'll have to see the maitre d' when you board to get it fixed. 

• Like 1

If you add their booking to your booking, you will have full access to check them in. I have been able to do this for others I cruise with. I just skip the sections for travel documents and onboard spending. I am able to get through it all and get to the arrival time slot together. Then everyone can log in later and complete the parts I skipped. Now we all just set an alarm and all log in at the same time and do our best to get close arrival times. Setting the alarm and doing this has become a part of our travel fun two weeks out. It's less smooth but it is something we can look forward to doing together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shortyjoesmith said:

Now we all just set an alarm and all log in at the same time and do our best to get close arrival times. Setting the alarm and doing this has become a part of our travel fun two weeks out. It's less smooth but it is something we can look forward to doing together.

This is exactly what we do!  I use to do it all for everyone but I found this to actually be easier and it's a good kickoff to ALMOST time to cruise!

• Like 1