Cunard Emergency Phone Number UK

In 3 weeks time we fly out to Cape Town to join QM2 to cruise to Sydney. We have booked flights independently and have built in a long transfer time at Heathrow and landing the day before embarkation, so have taken precautions minimise late arrival for embarkation.

However we will be flying at the end of January, if there are severe flight cancellations and delays because of weather, strikes etc and we are late for embarkation I would like to be prepared to inform Cunard that we are late and would like to join the ship at the next port of call (Durban). I know that I am being over cautious but I would like to be prepared just in case.

I've looked on Cunard website and have found a telephone number if arriving late  for embarkation in Southampton but not general Emergency UK contact number does anyone know of a number for this kind of eventuality?

Also has anyone had a similar situation where they had to board later in the cruise after missing the start of it? 

I was aware of someone flying from Heathrow to get to the QM2 on 22 December 2023 at Red Hook Brooklyn, the flight was delayed and then cancelled, so they missed the departure (and the whole cruise to the Caribbean). They wrote a letter to the Daily Telegraph about it, which got printed, giving British Airways both barrels, but I have to say arriving in New York just a few hours before departure seemed an extravagant risk (and I normally do fly to LHR / Southampton on the same day as departure).

When you print your online Boarding Pass, in the lower right side there is a box with the relevant emergency number for that departure, which I suspect is the one you have already (ending 8641). I am aware of people joining the sailing at a later port, Cunard have plenty of experience of this so they can liaise with their local port handling company to resolve this. One one occasion I recall people joined the vessel and my table mid sailing, but without all of their luggage (pretty much everything had gone wrong) but Cunard did lend them some clothing to help them out. The bags arrived at a later port.

But best of all, I would suggest having at least a sketchy plan B (e.g. via Amsterdam) so you know what to ask for in terms of rebooking.

• Thanks 1