Nautica Cabins 8000 and 8002

Just2guys

I would like to book a cabin on Deck 8 but notice that many of them are under the pool area and Terrace Cafe.  I once had a cabin under the pool deck and the noise from the moving of chairs, etc. was pretty constant and annoying.  No experience with a cabin under restaurant or buffet area.

I noticed on the deck plan for the Nautica that cabins 8000 and 8002 look like a good choice to alleviate noise from above as it appears that the Spa and Card Room are above these cabins.

If anyone has stayed in either of these cabins I would appreciate your comments regarding any noise issues from above.

Thanks

Hi @Just2guys,  

We were in 8003 on the Insignia, the carbon copy of the Nautica, in December.  There is a door at the end of the hallway to the bridge, but on the Insignia it closed softly and officers were not speaking loudly as they came and went.  There is a crew door to the crew elevators, however, across the hallway, between 8003 and 8001, and it was left open often, and the shouting up and down the stairs was quite loud in 8003.  A few times I went out and closed this door.

8002 and 8000 are likely similar (mirror image) on the port side as they would need access to the crew elevator / stairwell as an emergency escape too.

There was construction on the pool deck above us, and it was hardly audible by comparison.

The stretch on the starboard side under the Terrace Café is well worth avoiding as the trolleys start between 5 and 5:30 loudly rolling food from the kitchen to the serving stations.  8053 to 8061 are problematic for sure.  The maître d' of the Terrace Cafe was well aware of the problem but there wasn't much he could do, as the food did have to make it from the kitchen to the serving stations.

Not sure if this helps.

Cheers,

Greg of the @WildWanderers

18 hours ago, Just2guys said:

I noticed on the deck plan for the Nautica that cabins 8000 and 8002 look like a good choice to alleviate noise from above as it appears that the Spa and Card Room are above these cabins.

We have cruised in both of those cabins on R ships.  They are the best of the PH3 category for the reasons you describe, whereas 8001 and 8003 are not recommended for exactly the reasons WildWanderers describes -- plus the fact that they're beneath the gym.  Weights being dropped and the bunka-bunka-bunka of an early-morning aerobics class over your head could be annoying.

The drawback of 8000 and 8002 is that they're nearest the bow, which some cruisers find uncomfortable in bouncy seas.  Well, shoot, we find it uncomfortable, too, but that's what ginger extract tablets (or seasick meds) are for.  If you're a good sailor, you'll love it there.

• Like 1

When we travel on the R ships we usually do PH2 (under the patio on deck 9) around 8044, 42 even 49. These may be close to the lifts/stairs but we have never suffered any noise at all. Also, because people fear cabins close to the lifts because on big ships they could be noisy, they tend to be available when most others are taken.

On 1/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, WildWanderers said:

There is a crew door to the crew elevators, however, across the hallway, between 8003 and 8001, and it was left open often, and the shouting up and down the stairs was quite loud in 8003.

Sorry...I forgot to add that there is no such door on the port side where 8000 and 8002 are located.