Is trying to get the Tour Conductor Credit for groups worth it with RCCL or any cruise line?

I was searching the web for details on this, and it seems like they need 16 full fare deposits (8 cabins) within 30 days of group creation.   When I search for cruises, I typically search for discounts and deals that I am not sure would be considered full fare.

Has anyone (non-TA) done groups and is it worth the hassle?

Are there other North American cruise lines other than Royal, that make it easier?

I have some social groups where I could promote a particular sailing so I was considering this

I was a travel agent and left about 10 years ago. NCL used to offer group fares for a minimum of 5 rooms/10 berths on certain sailing, but again this was 10 years ago. Not sure if they offer such an arrangement. 

The tour conductor credit is typically the average cruise fare of all passengers. If my memory serves me right, some lines send the credit right before sailing or after the sailing in the form of a check. 

If you use a travel agent to do this, you will still receive the tour conductor credit if the group requirements are met. 

Often times groups are eligible for points which you can cash in for OBCs or other amenities for the group. But again, things I am sure have changed since I last left the profession.

• Thanks 1

Save yourself a lot of headaches and get yourself a good TA to handle this for you.

They may share some or all of the TC credit with you plus they are able to get access to the contracted group rates that are lower in price, offer additional OBC and deal with all of the headaches that usualy crop up anytime you get a group a group people booking.  

Don't forget that the TC credit does not include the taxes and it also does not include the non commissionable portion of the cruise fare which on average is about $225 per person for a 7 day sailing. 

• Like 1