P&O New Pricing

sweep2907

Can I ask how you find these bargains around final balance date?  Do you choose your cruises first and then keep checking at the 'right' time? or are you just lucky that they pop up when you're browsing the cruise websites?  I wonder if there is a website that would notify you of price drops?

I did once get an email from P&O with an absolute bargain cruise but by the time I had asked my husband it had sold out 😒

2 hours ago, Waju said:

Can I ask how you find these bargains around final balance date?  Do you choose your cruises first and then keep checking at the 'right' time? or are you just lucky that they pop up when you're browsing the cruise websites?  I wonder if there is a website that would notify you of price drops?

I did once get an email from P&O with an absolute bargain cruise but by the time I had asked my husband it had sold out 😒

I look at all new releases and any that may be of interest I make a note of the net price (select fare less any OBC). Every few months I revisit the P&O website and look at the same cruises and work out the net price again.

Usually the net price doesn’t change vastly (the base fare may go up but OBC usually goes up to compensate, or OBC is cut but so is the fare price) but there can be short term peaks when prices are high.  

The bargains tend to kick in a week or so after balance due date (mostly late savers). Good TAs like the one

that many of us use may have some insight into changes the day before they happen. Other than that, they appear on the website. 

• Thanks 1

I was right, the cruise I want in May just dropped, but my holiday allowance hasnt been approved so I can't book yet! 🤦‍♂️

Fingers crossed it stays at the lower level for a few more days.

To answer @Waju I personally find cruises I like and keep checking the price (don't forget to delete cookies on your browser) til it drops to a price i'm comfortable with paying. I've never paid more than £80pppn on a cruise. This has for me, always been the 3 month out mark, but I never knew the reason until this thread.

I have seen much cheaper cruises with a few weeks to go, but I can't get holidays that quickly, but if I was retired/semi-retired then I'd be waiting and snapping those up.

In 2022 I saw a fly holiday to Indonesia that included a 7 day cruise and several nights jungle safari for £800pp, and a last minute fly-cruise around the adriatic for £250 including flights, 7 nights, can't remember the cruise line. I think i saw those on holiday pirates, so you could check there @Waju

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems P&O are a bit cheeky 🤔 our upcoming cruise in March has been reduced in price but the extra for select has doubled so it’s still the same just looks better 🤣

We booked this in late December and had to pay full but the price is still the same despite P&O’s tweaks.

My May cruise has been reduced in price by £500.  However, I have paid £401 deposit, so no gain in cancelling and rebooking. Really annoying how this keeps happening. My 2 friends have paid less for their balcony than I have!