sim card for europe recommendations

lincoln81

I don't want to sound like a Freedom Mobile ad, but another thing I really like is that I can turn off overseas roaming at the carrier level, in my account online. That way it is 100% off, even if I don't do anything with my phone or SIM. Which is good, because it would drain my pre-paid balance in seconds, haha. Not sure if other carriers offer similar options.

Also, as far as I understand, no pre-paid plan, Canada or European will work with celluar-at-sea. It might connect, but there will be no service. Only works with post-paid account that can be billed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mabba18 said:

I don't want to sound like a Freedom Mobile ad, but another thing I really like is that I can turn off overseas roaming at the carrier level, in my account online. That way it is 100% off, even if I don't do anything with my phone or SIM. Which is good, because it would drain my pre-paid balance in seconds, haha. Not sure if other carriers offer similar options.

That's a good thing. Virgin, at some point, removed that option from their online service so I had to call them to make the change. Not a huge deal, but it's annoying. 

Posted (edited)

Ordered SimCorner sim card on the 22nd, received on the 26th. Registered the card. Installed in my phone. Got my UK phone number. Set up 3UK account. Turned off 3sim on my phone until my arrival in the UK.  

https://ca.simcorner.com/collections/europe-sim-card

I'm with Freedom mobile ($30 for $60 plan) using esim, but Freedom's Roam Beyond Pass does not cover Norway and Denmark (more than half of my trip) and is $30 for 5gb. I bought SimCorner's 10gb for less (they have a 20% discount code for doing a survey atm).

I've used this card twice before for month long trips with great service in every country, only used 5gb with constant google mapping, social media, whatsapp video calling etc. Able to get cell service sometimes far away from shore. This card has been great for me, also knowing there will be no extra charges and no need to fiddle with turning it on/off while on/off ship.

Edited by cruiseamm
  • Like 1