Peppers Tours

cruisenshop

Hi @cruisenshop,

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind sharing! 

Did you pick the itinerary or did Pepper?

How long was the tour?

How far in advance did you book the tour?

Where did you eat lunch? 

How crowded were the places that you visited and did you feel you had enough time at each?

What would you do differently if anything?

On 1/18/2024 at 10:27 PM, mathed101 said:

Hi @cruisenshop,

How long was the tour?

Where did you eat lunch? 

How crowded were the places that you visited and did you feel you had enough time at each?

following! heading there in March and was looking at Peppers

On 1/15/2024 at 11:20 PM, cruisenshop said:

We just returned from a cruise which included Domenica. With very few available shore excursions, we settled on Pepper for a private tour for our party of six. Pepper did a great job taking us to all the natural sights we wanted to see and took us to a great spot for lunch. Highly recommend! askpepper@pepperscottage.com

On 1/19/2024 at 11:27 AM, mathed101 said:

Hi @cruisenshop,

How long was the tour?

Where did you eat lunch? 

@cruisenshop I'm trying to organise a tour with Pepper now so would also love to hear further feedback. Thank you! 😊 

• 5 weeks later...

We emailed with Pepper and decided on the stops that worked best for our party. The tour was 8 hours. We decided on Trafalgar falls, Titou gorge, emerald pool as the main stops. Stopped at other places as well. We did get to the falls before others. So no crowds until we were leaving.  The only place that had any crowd was getting into Titou Gorge. We loved it but you should understand what you are getting into. the deep water and moving current. Not for everybody. Water shoes necessary. Water bag for your phone required. We did not have any so we could not take our phones. 

Also the roads in Dominica are steep and not great. If you are prone  to motion sickness take Dramamine. Two in our party were queasy on and off as we did not expect the ride to be as curvy as it was. 

Our lunch was with at a roadside  place locals near Trafalgar falls. Beautiful views.  It was a plate lunch pick your protein. No menus that I can recall. Chicken, shrimp or pork maybe?  I had shrimp. With Rice beans veggies. Delicious. I’m a foodie. Honestly was so good.even the vegetarian in our party thought it was delicious. Great local beer. Kubuli. They also had some other local drinks that our party tried. 

the only thing I’d do different is ask pepper not to stop for a bathroom break at his rental duplex. It wasted time and we really did not need the stop at that time. 

• 1 month later...

We are considering Peppers tours and am concerned that longer tour May have too much walking. Needing water shoes was mentioned but how strenuous is the walking? Are there rocky and lots of uneven trails? We are in our 70s and I have some knee and back issues.

Any feedback would be appreciated