Dress Code During the Day & Cabin 9138 & 9173

MESH

This will be our first time on Celebrity's Infinity. We have been on numerous cruises with other companies. We always follow the suggested / required dress codes. Without a doubt we understand the various dress codes (casual, informal, and formal) for in the evening.

During the day, it is our assumption that jeans are acceptable casaul wear.

My second question is whether any one has information on our cabins. It appears they have a slightly larger veranda than normal for this category.

We are looking forward to our first cruise with Celebrity.

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to Celebrity:). Just wondering why you are giving it

a thumbs down if you have not sailed with them yet?:confused:

Daytime is definitely casual. I don't bring jeans (but that is just me).

When sailing the Caribbean I prefer shorts in the daytime or

a bathing suit with a cover up.

I haven't been on Infinity but have sailed her sister ships,

Constellation and Summit.

I hope you have a wonderful time:)

During the daytime you can wear anything you want. You just can't wear a swimsuit without a coverup when you go to the buffet or the dining room. Please don't bring multiple outfits to wear each day. shorts and a t-shirt are all you need during the day.

This will be our first time on Celebrity's Infinity. We have been on numerous cruises with other companies. We always follow the suggested / required dress codes. Without a doubt we understand the various dress codes (casual, informal, and formal) for in the evening.

During the day, it is our assumption that jeans are acceptable casaul wear.

My second question is whether any one has information on our cabins. It appears they have a slightly larger veranda than normal for this category.

We are looking forward to our first cruise with Celebrity.

Thanks.

About twice the size of a normal cat2

Funny thing....I have owned one pair of jeans for several years and recently ramped it up to three and thought that was some forward movment.

While I do wear them from time to time, I am wondering what makes them so special and why they seem to hold so much importance to being worn on cruise ships.

Last summer, we had cabin 9138 on a northbound Alaskan cruise on the Summit. The verandah was larger than adjacent cabins since there was a transition in the overall width of the ship. This probably amounted to 10 to 14 square feet of additional space. There might have been room to put a lounge chair out there in addition to the small cocktail table and two upright chairs provided. There is an overhang over the entire verandah due to the buffet restaurant directly above. Nice feature but nothing to write home about.

Les

Funny thing....I have owned one pair of jeans for several years and recently ramped it up to three and thought that was some forward movment.

While I do wear them from time to time, I am wondering what makes them so special and why they seem to hold so much importance to being worn on cruise ships.

Just my own opinion here, but some of us only wear jeans. I for one, never dine in fancy land-based restaurants or go to the opera. And I live in a state where jeans are appropriate (and most common) at events such as plays, etc. Even though I'm still fairly young for a cruiser (31), I've been with my partner for 8 years and am way past the "dressing-to-impress" phase. I've also had jobs for the past 6 or so years wear jeans were the norm. I like them because they're cheap, go with everything, and don't wrinkle when I sit down to drive to work.

All that said, I think the reason jeans "hold so much importance" on the cruise for some of us at least, is because it's what makes us feel comfortable. And when we're on vacation we want to feel comfortable. :o

While I don't think they hold any importance to being worn on cruise ships,

I guess it's just a matter of what you get used to.

I for one wear them every day. I just like the look and feel.

Some will tell you that their too hot and bulky to pack. IMO, their no

more bulky to pack than a sweater.

While you can get some for a reasonable price, I have 2 pairs that

cost $98.00 a pair. Each person has a different taste.

To the OP.............. yes you can wear jeans during the day, and you will see alot of them unless it's hot then you will see shorts or bathing suits.

Happy cruising.

I love my jeans

I too am 32 married for 10 years.

I think as daytime wear they are fine on ships although for many destinations too hot.

I actually find it tricky getting my daughter non-jeans material clothing for less formal evenings.

I don't think cruising is snobby these days. The dressing up is just for fun in a world where as you say, jeans cover most options if you add a fancy shirt or whatever.

Why not get a little black dress and try dressing to impress. It might encourage a more romantic holiday! I am looking forward to admiring my hubby in his tux!

We would like to thank everyone for the fast response. We are truly looking forward to our Alaska Cruise in May.:)

We had several companies to choose from and Celebrity's cruise seemed to best fit our goals. One of the reasons we ultimately chose Celebrity was because of the positive responses I read going through the various messages that people have left on cruise critic.:D

Cannot wait to start this cruise.:cool:

We enjoyed our cruise to Alaska in June 2004. Jeans were just fine during the daytime hours onboard and during excursions.

My "been then done that" tip would be to stay up as late as possible the first night of your cruise to watch the fantastic scenery on your veranda. Our cruise was during the summer solstice and it was light out most of the night. It was an incredible cruise. Enjoy your cruise!

Winnie

As I was posting my first question, I accidently hit the "thumb downs" symbol. I meant to hit the question mark icon.

Sorry about that. We are truly excited to be going on this cruise.

:)

Archived