Any benefit I'm not aware of? AA Status booking through Iberia with 2 options - operated by Iberia or operated by AA

nsouther

Needing to book a return flight from Barcelona to Dallas. I am AA Gold status. The AA flights are INSANELY overpriced. On Iberia, there are 2 flight options that are only a couple dollars different. My question is, as someone with AA Gold status, is it more advantageous to book the Iberia flight operated by Iberia or the Iberia flight operated by American Airlines? Or does it not matter. The flights take off 10 minutes apart and arrive within 1 hour of eachother (different layover - - Iberia is Madrid, and AA is Miami).

Only difference I see is seating.  AA offers complimentary advance seat assignments and as a Gold member you would have access to Preferred seats at time of reservation and Main Cabin Extra seating at checkin.

With Iberia advance seating is paid only and their website doesn't specify any benefit for oneWorld Ruby members (it does for their Sapphire and Emerald levels).