Haven’t sailed Carnival in a while

So our last two cruises were on Royal, the Freedom and Harmony. Prior to those we sailed the Carnival Legend and one of the Disney ships. Our kids were with us on the Harmony cruise, the others were just two adults. 

I primarily pick the cruise based on the ports and price. I always do searches on Carnival, Royal and NCL to find what fits us. 

This time I impulsively booked on the Carnival Horizon for an ABC cruise. These ports really appealed to us since they would all be brand new. I ended up going with a Family Harbor Suite. 

My kids will be 8 and 11 and when we cruise. On the Harmony, honestly we spent a lot of time in our room relaxing and swimming. We only saw one show, ate at one specialty restaurant. It was a great vacation for us. 

Obviously the Horizon is a smaller ship vs Harmony. Those that have sailed on bigger and smaller ships with younger kids, how did your kids enjoy it? Opinions on the Horizon with younger kids? 

We have not sailed on the Vista class (which the Horizon is part of), but have sailed several times on the Dream class (once on Dream, twice on Magic). My kids were about that age the last time we sailed (pre-Covid) They loved that size ship, particularly the water slides, outdoor games, and all the trivia and other activities going on around the ship. While certainly not the Harmony OTS (which I was on without kids), we found it to be a good mix of stuff.

dctravel