Carnaval Experience in Rio Activity

I very much enjoyed the Carnaval Experience this morning so thought I'd share this, https://carnavalexperience.com.br/en/collections/frontpage/products/tour-regular. At today's exchange rate, it was about US $20 for an adult, they have a discount for seniors with ID and for children (although there were no children on my sold-out tour). The tour is 90 minutes. You go behind the scenes at Carnaval and learn some of the history, see costumes, see some Samba dancing, watch a short video, get a sample drink, and there are a few surprises. As Carnaval is in less than 3 weeks, we were not allowed to take pictures of the floats being constructed or the costumes being made, but we did see some of this, and we could take pictures of examples from past years. I believe it's walking distance from the pier, if not, it would be a very inexpensive taxi or Uber ride. It's indoors, so on a day like today when it was downpouring rain, I was to have an indoor activity too. And we got lucky and saw another group rehearsing outside. Our tour guide spoke excellent English as well.

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG