Tampa Hotel

I'm having trouble finding information on hotels for a 2-night stay in Tampa before our Royal Caribbean cruise in November.  We will fly in, stay 2 nights, then board our cruise ship,  I will have dialysis on the day we are in Tampa, so I'll have to locate a dialysis clinic once the hotel is decided upon.  We'll Uber or Lyft for those days, then rent a car after the cruise to drive across the state to the Space Coast.  I have, of course, looked up hotels in Tampa but I'm not familiar with the areas of the airport and the cruise port and looking at maps can only help so much.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

---Jennifer

Westshore is where I think you should look - close to TPA airport so most hotels will offer an airport shuttle, and there are lots of dining and shopping options.  Hopefully you can find the medical treatment you need close by.  Taxi from Westshore area hotels to the port should be about $25+, and Uber or Lyft should save you a few dollars.

Post cruise you can taxi/Uber/shuttle to TPA to pick up a rental car, or there are hotel locations for both Avis and Hertz near the port that may be able to help with a one-way rental or try the Enterprise in nearby Ybor City.

Have a great cruise!

On 1/26/2024 at 4:43 AM, JohninDC said:

Westshore is where I think you should look - close to TPA airport so most hotels will offer an airport shuttle, and there are lots of dining and shopping options.  Hopefully you can find the medical treatment you need close by.  Taxi from Westshore area hotels to the port should be about $25+, and Uber or Lyft should save you a few dollars.

Post cruise you can taxi/Uber/shuttle to TPA to pick up a rental car, or there are hotel locations for both Avis and Hertz near the port that may be able to help with a one-way rental or try the Enterprise in nearby Ybor City.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for this very helpful information.