Turquoise Bay or Little French Key

corley05

We have a group of eight total (4 adults, 4 teens).  Only 2 adults in our tour have been to Roatan in the past, and we went to LFK.  In march we will be in Roatan and want to do a beach day.  The cruise line offers excursions that are all inclusive to Turquoise Bay.  We know we can do LFK on our own but its about the same price and isn't all inclusive. 

I would love to hear opinions on either one.  Part of me is tempted to go with Turquoise Bay since its offered from the cruiseline and we will have to tender.

17 hours ago, corley05 said:

We have a group of eight total (4 adults, 4 teens).  Only 2 adults in our tour have been to Roatan in the past, and we went to LFK.  In march we will be in Roatan and want to do a beach day.  The cruise line offers excursions that are all inclusive to Turquoise Bay.  We know we can do LFK on our own but its about the same price and isn't all inclusive. 

I would love to hear opinions on either one.  Part of me is tempted to go with Turquoise Bay since its offered from the cruiseline and we will have to tender.

Not sure why you will have to tender? How many ships in port?

I have been to Turquoise Bay, a long time ago. It has since been renovated and updated, taken over by one of the hotel chains (Mayan Princess?). There are different package levels for service. The last review I read was very good and I wouldn’t hesitate to try it again if the price was right. Transport through the cruise line is always relatively safe and  convenient, if a little restrictive. It is a little further than LFK. 

There are several reasons why I have never been to LFK so cannot compare.

On 1/31/2024 at 1:16 PM, c-leg5 said:

Not sure why you will have to tender? How many ships in port?

I have been to Turquoise Bay, a long time ago. It has since been renovated and updated, taken over by one of the hotel chains (Mayan Princess?). There are different package levels for service. The last review I read was very good and I wouldn’t hesitate to try it again if the price was right. Transport through the cruise line is always relatively safe and  convenient, if a little restrictive. It is a little further than LFK. 

There are several reasons why I have never been to LFK so cannot compare.

We are on NCL and there are three ships at coxen hole that day.  We could get lucky and be first in but we are not scheduled to be first.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

1 hour ago, corley05 said:

We are on NCL and there are three ships at coxen hole that day.  We could get lucky and be first in but we are not scheduled to be first.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks!

It’s been a while since we docked there. I know NCL used to tender but I didn’t realize it was still happening since they built the new pier.