Post cruise excursions that end up at Boston Logan

NCL's current policy appears to be saving most post-cruise excursions until day 50. For their convenience, of course. They got tired of having to cancel the bookings when people got their BOGO airfare flight info and found out the timing wasn't good.

• Haha 1

We did one in the fall of 2022, after a 1 week Pearl sailing.

It was OK.  I hadn't been to Boston since a very long time.  My wife had never been there, so it was good for her.  Like many places, the changes are huge over decades, and many historic site have large buildings surrounding them.

The tour guide was very enthusiastic about Boston, a born and raised native.

The main problem is the large bus and narrow streets don't mix well.  You spend a lot of time barely moving.  We did get to go over to Cambridge to see Harvard and MIT area.

It was maybe 3 hours?  

NCL will have them listed off and on.  Roughly 50 people per bus, so when they get enough to fill a bus, they stop.  Then will add it later as they confirm another bus is available.  We signed up for ours 1/2 through the cruise, as earlier offers sold out quickly.  I recall there being 4 busses total.  Your luggage rides with you in the bottom of the bus until you get dropped off at the airport.

Rather than booking through NCL, I would suggest getting an "excursion" via the Boston Water Taxi. For $50 pp, they will pick you up at the cruise port, take you to the ferry building to drop off your luggage for storage, and will take you to the airport when you are ready to depart. In the meantime, you can check out Boston on your own.

Once you get to Logan, there is a free shuttle that will pick up at the Logan water taxi stand and will take you to the terminals.

https://www.bostonwatertaxi.com/cruise-ship-special

• Like 1

Thank everyone for your replies.  I’m making my own plane reservations through Southwest so I needed excursion info BEFORE I made the reservations.  I’ll probably check out Boston water taxi.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1