Best bar for wines on the Norwegian Getaway

Just upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package mainly for the expanded wine assortment and the inclusion of full bottles at dinner. Anybody can tell me which bar on the Getaway has the biggest choice? Not so much of a cocktail or beer guy, so the bar with more wine types is the to-go-to one for me. Thank you!

1 hour ago, AlmiranteChurruca said:

Just upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package mainly for the expanded wine assortment and the inclusion of full bottles at dinner. Anybody can tell me which bar on the Getaway has the biggest choice? Not so much of a cocktail or beer guy, so the bar with more wine types is the to-go-to one for me. Thank you!

NCL stocks the Premium Plus wines at the bars closest to the main restaurants.  I would try either the Mixx Bar or the Prime Meridian Bar.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

I don't think there is a Cellars on the Getaway.  

Oh you’re right.  I guess just breakaway plus ships.  Too bad as it’s a great venue for wine lovers. 

I continue to debate whether or not to upgrade to Plus for the wine on Getaway, but I wish they made it easier to see which wines MAY be available at the main restaurants. 

40 minutes ago, JessC510 said:

I continue to debate whether or not to upgrade to Plus for the wine on Getaway, but I wish they made it easier to see which wines MAY be available at the main restaurants. 

Upgrading ended up being "almost" a no brainer for me. Originally and since the regular beverage package worked for me I just intended to book two extra specialty dinners, unlimited internet and 24 water bottles to be delivered to the cabin. However, since these three extra perks were 315€ and ugrading to the Free At Sea Plus (which includes the Premium Plus Beverage Package) was 390€ I really did not need to think much longer. Yes, 75€ extra, but totally worth it I.M.O.

• Like 1

The bar at La Cucina looks like a wine bar because they've got oodles of bottles of wine on the walls.  But its just a regular bar that you can get anything.  But perhaps since they are attached to an "Italian" restaurant your best bet is that bar for the biggest selection of wine. 

On Getaway, La Cuciana is open concept and their bar welcomes everyone

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

The bar at La Cucina looks like a wine bar because they've got oodles of bottles of wine on the walls.  But its just a regular bar that you can get anything.  But perhaps since they are attached to an "Italian" restaurant your best bet is that bar for the biggest selection of wine. 

On Getaway, La Cuciana is open concept and their bar welcomes everyone

Oh wow, I did not realize you could just go to the bar at La Cucina.