Beach with drinks/music

Debbbiee

Hi,

I'm looking to take my dad to a place on the beach that has music and beer.  He likes a lively crowd, so rowdy is fine.  I'm hoping for a less expensive option, so all-inclusive is out.  I believe Mr. Santos has non all-inclusive option, but I don't know much about it.  There are 7 ships in port so that may be unavailable anyway.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Beach, music, beer.  That's about all he needs, lol.

52 minutes ago, Debberly said:

Hi,

I'm looking to take my dad to a place on the beach that has music and beer.  He likes a lively crowd, so rowdy is fine.  I'm hoping for a less expensive option, so all-inclusive is out.  I believe Mr. Santos has non all-inclusive option, but I don't know much about it.  There are 7 ships in port so that may be unavailable anyway.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Beach, music, beer.  That's about all he needs, lol.

Which pier are you docking at? 
Any particular type of music he loves/hates?

In the daytime it will be mainly piped music unless you go to one of the bars in town.

Edited by c-leg5

27 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Which pier are you docking at? 
Any particular type of music he loves/hates?

In the daytime it will be mainly piped music unless you go to one of the bars in town.

Puerta Maya, I believe.  It's Carnival.  He likes most music but loves 60s, 70s, 80s rock & reggie.  He doesn't like hip hop.

You might have to book an AI unless you try one of the hotels near the pier that offer daypasses. (not sure how lively or how much music they will have. Realistically Mr. Sanchos sounds like the perfect spot, but I thought they had gone to 100% AI like Nachi.)

We are going to be in Cozumel this coming Thursday , with only 6 ships in port, and people in our facebook group for the tiny little Carnival Paradise, have been saying for the past week that Nachi, Sanchos and Paradise Beach have been sold out for over a week.

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Debberly said:

Puerta Maya, I believe.  It's Carnival.  He likes most music but loves 60s, 70s, 80s rock & reggie.  He doesn't like hip hop.

Difficult to suggest somewhere specific. 

If you need an actual beach is a priority, it will have to be one of the beach clubs south of the piers. More options if you just want somewhere oceanfront with a bar? That said, I feel most places probably have some background music, probably around the bar area and yet I cannot think of any specifically, meaning it is there, but low-key.  Mr Sanchos may be louder but I haven’t been there (someone will correct) and they do have a tendency to push AI there now as you say.

In the day time I am sure most places have just background noise - at night, several places have live bands. 

The only places I remember specifically are ones where the music, or someone,  has annoyed me! (Usually someone playing personal music loudly so that it interferes with facility music - Sunset Bar and Money Bar come immediately to mind. Nachi too but that was just annoying I don’t remember any facility-music on the beach.)

We have liked No Name Bar at Hotel Barracuda in the past but there is no actual beach it is lively, has a pool and is popular with crew but last time we were there, unlike previously, we didn’t enjoy the genre of music obviously geared to a younger crowd) and we had to leave quicker than intended. It is PAYG but on the higher end of local prices. Not sure if the music choice was a one “off” day.

For convenience and budget we like to go to Del Mar Latino, AI but at only $40 pp a bargain when you consider no transport required. How lively, is variable but it can be lively with a Carnival ship in port!! It is very small but has a small pool, again no beach.

Consider Money Bar or Sky Reef.

If music and beer are a priority, I would suggest one of the sports bars in town. Live music at Woody’s (one of our favorites), Dicks Dive and others around the square.

Alternatively, he may enjoy the Bar Hop but again depends on budget.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:04 PM, bguppies said:

You might have to book an AI unless you try one of the hotels near the pier that offer daypasses. (not sure how lively or how much music they will have. Realistically Mr. Sanchos sounds like the perfect spot, but I thought they had gone to 100% AI like Nachi.)

We are going to be in Cozumel this coming Thursday , with only 6 ships in port, and people in our facebook group for the tiny little Carnival Paradise, have been saying for the past week that Nachi, Sanchos and Paradise Beach have been sold out for over a week.

If you have time, could you take and post a photo of increased taxi fares to share? It has been a long time since I have seen an updated list, although still trying to find out if the increase is official.

Is there a board at Nachi Cocom - I don’t remember? I know the hotels and some beach clubs have boards.

On 2/4/2024 at 10:45 PM, c-leg5 said:

If you have time, could you take and post a photo of increased taxi fares to share? It has been a long time since I have seen an updated list, although still trying to find out if the increase is official.

Is there a board at Nachi Cocom - I don’t remember? I know the hotels and some beach clubs have boards.

Sorry I couldn't get a shot of the board this trip, as by the time we arrived at 10AM, the Jubilee and Glory had been in port for two hours and the taxi line was wrapping back and forth through the covered area and all the way back out to Los Cico Soles. (took about an hour from start to cab)

But I did notice some destination changes, as Paradise Beach used to be lumped in with Playa Mia, Sanchos and Nachi, Now is in a separate group with Chankanaab for $18 from Puerto Maya and Playa Mia, Sanchos and Nachi were still grouped together for $20.

Also, not taxi related but Sargassum was heavy. (maybe from the Nor'easter that wiped out our Grand Cayman stop.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bguppies said:

Sorry I couldn't get a shot of the board this trip, as by the time we arrived at 10AM, the Jubilee and Glory had been in port for two hours and the taxi line was wrapping back and forth through the covered area and all the way back out to Los Cico Soles. (took about an hour from start to cab)

But I did notice some destination changes, as Paradise Beach used to be lumped in with Playa Mia, Sanchos and Nachi, Now is in a separate group with Chankanaab for $18 from Puerto Maya and Playa Mia, Sanchos and Nachi were still grouped together for $20.

Also, not taxi related but Sargassum was heavy. (maybe from the Nor'easter that wiped out our Grand Cayman stop.)

Sorry there was such a line for taxis. We would have walked out onto the street if we were in that situation at International but not sure how easy or useful that would be at Puerta May since you are at the end of the run.

On my old photo from puerta Maya the three southern clubs are one listing and Paradise and then Chankanaab are a separate lines at a slightly lesser price. It makes some sense to have put Paradise with the others but makes no sense to put it with Chankanaab. Also that is a huge increase in price for taxis to Chankanaab?  I have to wonder what is going on with the taxi unions. 

I am already disappointed with the taxis in Costa Maya (Costa Maya in general actually) but it sounds like Cozumel has problems too.