Embarkation time in Sydney

Pansy2801

We received notification that the embarkation in Sydney for the Royal Princess February 18th cruise will start at 3 pm in place of 12 pm. Can anyone who received such a notification for a previous cruise tell me when in fact the embarkation started? Can you wait in the terminal or you are not allowed to? 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Pansy2801 said:

We received notification that the embarkation in Sydney for the Royal Princess February 18th cruise will start at 3 pm in place of 12 pm. Can anyone who received such a notification for a previous cruise tell me when in fact the embarkation started? Can you wait in the terminal or you are not allowed to? 

Thank you.

When there are delays with check-in opening they will not let you into the terminal until they get clearance and check-in starts. You can drop your luggage off and The Rocks are just a short walk away with some nice cafes.

I haven't experienced a check-in quite as late as this but typically (and don't tell everyone 🤣) turning up half an hour before the stated time usually works. 

On the Majestic Princess b2b2b a year ago, received similar message saying boarding delayed to commence at 3pm.

Just happened to be at the terminal look out taking some pics at 1:30pm and noticed the crowds walking through the on ramp to the ship. So made way downstairs and joined in. Onboard 20mins later.

Guessing the 3pm time was conservative and all was ready ahead of time, so the flood gates were opened for those hanging around.

This was just lucky to be there at the right time. Wouldn't wanted to have lost a whole day standing around the terminal just in case though, with all of beautiful Sydney all around me to enjoy.

We arrived too early to board on a recent cruise out of Sydney (due to the train schedule).  We sat in one of the many nice cafes at the harbour and had coffee and pastries while we waited. They are very accustomed to this and won't bat an eye!