A few Dream questions....

Who is the current CD on the Dream and what was your impression of that individual?

We are taking the Dream out of Galveston to Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel, do any of those destinations have different time zones then "ship time"?

TIA

According to SaintGreg (great source), it is Tyler Meehan until 2/18: https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-cruise-director-schedule/. I have never sailed with him.

As for time, it depends on when you sail. Cozumel is on Eastern time during standard time and the same as central time during daylight savings time.

I got VERY confused by this for our upcoming Jubilee cruise. We have a non-carnival excursion, and I had a lot of trouble figuring out if we had a enough time (3:30 back aboard time). [We do!]

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dctravel said:

According to SaintGreg (great source), it is Tyler Meehan until 2/18: https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-cruise-director-schedule/. I have never sailed with him.

As for time, it depends on when you sail. Cozumel is on Eastern time during standard time and the same as central time during daylight savings time.

I got VERY confused by this for our upcoming Jubilee cruise. We have a non-carnival excursion, and I had a lot of trouble figuring out if we had a enough time (3:30 back aboard time). [We do!]

Here is how I always solve this problem if I get confused about ship vs local time and worried about my watch and phone changing time zones. If I know I have to be back on board at 3:30 ship's time, when I step off the gangway I note the current ship's time and then start a timer. So if I get off at 9 am and back on board is 3:30, I start a timer for 6 hours 30 minutes. Then I know how much time I have left before back on board time.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Here is how I always solve this problem if I get confused about ship vs local time and worried about my watch and phone changing time zones. If I know I have to be back on board at 3:30 ship's time, when I step off the gangway I note the current ship's time and then start a timer. So if I get off at 9 am and back on board is 3:30, I start a timer for 6 hours 30 minutes. Then I know how much time I have left before back on board time.

That's a great idea!!! Thanks.

We were on the Dream after Thanksgiving with Tyler.  That was his second cruise on the Dream. We thought he was pretty good.  High energy, not overly intrusive.  And most of all his voice didn't sound like fingernails on a blackboard like some we have had. Also, we couldn't make it to Roatan due to weather, and he did a great job of pulling activities together at the last minute for an extra unplanned sea day. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How does this list work?  We have only been on 8 cruises and twice we have had Scooby-Doo bop ba and we don't care for her and avoid her.  She is never listed as CD but there she was TWICE.