Osaka shore excursion

Albapf

Has anyone know how to organize a shore excursion of Osaka outside the ones proposed by the Cruise.They seem quite expensive.It looks like there are a few but they all start from downtown.How can we get there from the ship?

There are lots of good private tours in every city on your cruise and almost all of them will pick you up at your ship.  I just did a Japan cruise and I did 12 private tours I think.   I did no ship tours at all.  Use the internet for your research - the internet will be your friend.  All of my private tours were better  than the ship tours w small groups of 8 people maximum and were significantly less expensive.  

BTW - I see that you are from Australia.  Most of the people on my tours were from Australia.  

DON

Thanks but I did look on internet for this tour and others around Japan but none were offering pick up at the Terminal.Do you have some suggestion?

When we were in Japan, we went to see Sumo Wrestling.

Bought tickets on line, got a cab there and back from terminal. Very easy to do and we had a wonderful time.

Some on our cruise had very good luck using Tours by Locals.  Personally, we find it more fun to simply go off on our own (DIY).  From the Osaka port it is only a few blocks to the metro and the metro can get you to the train station or most places in town.  From the train station there are many options such as Kyoto, Nara, etc.

Hank

• Like 1