How can I get early dining while being waitlisted?

newbie202020

28 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think there is usually a note in the Daily Programme indicating where the M d’h is and exact timings.

Yes. Here is an example from the Daily Programme (if may be worded differently in the OP's sailing), in this case below it is for QM2 (so Fixed and Open are swapped over on QE and QV). I have a more recent QV from January and it's more-or-less the same.

Britannia Restaurant seating enquiries
The Britannia Restaurant, Deck 2 entrance, will be open from 1.30pm to 3.00pm for seating enquiries. A seating card will be placed in your stateroom or suite during embarkation. Kindly note that table assignments have been allocated by the fare type and the date you booked your voyage; the Maitre d'Hôtel will be following the company policy. Please refer to your booking terms and conditions. Guests who have selected Early or Late Dining are kindly asked to use the Britannia Restaurant Deck 2 (lower level) only. Should you wish to join guests on the Open Dining during your voyage, please inform the Maitre d'Hôtel in advance. Guests who have selected Open Dining are politely requested to use only the Britannia Restaurant Deck 3 (Upper level) during dinner service.

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Pushpit said:

Britannia Restaurant seating enquiries
Guests who have selected Early or Late Dining are kindly asked to use the Britannia Restaurant Deck 2 (lower level) only. Should you wish to join guests on the Open Dining during your voyage, please inform the Maitre d'Hôtel in advance. Guests who have selected Open Dining are politely requested to use only the Britannia Restaurant Deck 3 (Upper level) during dinner service.

interesting, I thought that the Open Dining was on level two? and that fixed dining was on three...

personally on a World Cruise I would prefer fixed dining and it be on the much grander part of the dining room on two than the level three which to me always feels cramped. Have the two types of dining been swopped for this years WC?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roscoe39 said:

interesting, I thought that the Open Dining was on level two? and that fixed dining was on three...

personally on a World Cruise I would prefer fixed dining and it be on the much grander part of the dining room on two than the level three which to me always feels cramped. Have the two types of dining been swopped for this years WC?

I think it was mentioned, but QM2 is different to QE and QV: QM2 has Open on Deck 3, whereas QV and QE has it on Deck 2 - so they swap over. On QM2 Deck 3 strikes me as the better deck, since there are more windows and the lower galleries. On QE and QV the advantage of Deck 2 is the aft windows going over the sea, but there can be some vibration at that end.

• Thanks 1

Hi again, when and how would I know that I'm confirmed for Early Dining? Today, my dining choice shows up as "Early Dining (register preference)" on mycunard but when I call my travel agent, they said that I'm still waitlisted for Early Dining. How can I tell when I'm confirmed for Early Dining and off the waitlist on mycunard? Thanks

6 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

Hi again, when and how would I know that I'm confirmed for Early Dining? Today, my dining choice shows up as "Early Dining (register preference)" on mycunard but when I call my travel agent, they said that I'm still waitlisted for Early Dining. How can I tell when I'm confirmed for Early Dining and off the waitlist on mycunard? Thanks

It will be confirmed once you are onboard. As others have said your options at this stage is to speak to the Maitre D’ Hotel when the session for queries opens up onboard. They is always a queue so you will need to be prompt. I always request table for 2, book early on Cunard Fare but it always says on my booking to be confirmed. I go early and check I have a table for 2 and I like it. Only on one occasion was I allocated a sharing table and it was promptly swopped. As others have pointed out in T &C.s there is a protocol of allocation according to fare type and booking date. Worse case scenario is they cannot accommodate you the first night but can swop you in later. Given you will also be mentioning allergies you may find them more able to find you an early sitting slot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1