Current NCL Breakaway Entertainment

jeffw67

Anyone on the Breakaway the last few weeks tell me about the entertainment currently onboard? If I'm correct the only Broadway type show now is "Burn the Floor"? We will be onboard in a couple weeks and hoping they added some other entertainment besides game shows. Maybe comedians, magicians or some other solo type acts?

I believe you are correct that Six was replaced by a game show, bummer. I have prebooked "Burn the Floor" that was the only entertainment that I was able to prebook for our cruise in 2 weeks.

33 minutes ago, jeffw67 said:

Anyone on the Breakaway the last few weeks tell me about the entertainment currently onboard? If I'm correct the only Broadway type show now is "Burn the Floor"? We will be onboard in a couple weeks and hoping they added some other entertainment besides game shows. Maybe comedians, magicians or some other solo type acts?

Yes. Wheel of fortune has replaced one showing of Six. They also added a 80s Broadway Cabaret in the Spiegel tent. Burn the floor, Syd Norman’s, and comedians were onboard.  

On our behind the scenes tour they said another show was coming but they had zero information on what it is. 

You can see all the dailies in my love report here. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2987488-taking-a-getaway-on-the-breakaway-almost-live-maybe/

Edited by KSSS2013
A

21 minutes ago, UKstages said:

if more people filed "love reports," this forum would be a lot more fun to read.

I know right!

The big failing of CC is that you have a limited time to edit. 

5 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

Yes. Wheel of fortune has replaced one showing of Six. They also added a 80s Broadway Cabaret in the Spiegel tent. Burn the floor, Syd Norman’s, and comedians were onboard.  

On our behind the scenes tour they said another show was coming but they had zero information on what it is. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2987488-taking-a-getaway-on-the-breakaway-almost-live-maybe/

Great review! Thanks for posting the Freestyle's! Lots of good info.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 3:15 PM, KSSS2013 said:

I won't be on the Breakaway until Feb. 2026, so I hope they'll have a replacement by then, I would've really liked to see Six. Seems odd that they would stop running a show without any plan to replace it.

1 hour ago, KhanOfKhans said:

I won't be on the Breakaway until Feb. 2026, so I hope they'll have a replacement by then, I would've really liked to see Six. Seems odd that they would stop running a show without any plan to replace it.

It is quite likely that there is a plan.

NCL is simply keeping a lid on it.

Particularly if they are not bringing on a Broadway style show (which takes a ton of prep including weeks of rehearsals for the cast).

Some folks seem to like the game shows - but I think the majority wish to see a production show, not a modified TV game that you have to pay into to actually participate.

• Like 4

Yes, I am so disappointed with NCL even though I am sapphire, having chosen to cruise with them many times, and superior entertainment was one of my reasons. The problems with the other venues, Syd Normans, Comedy Club, etc. is that they are extremely small and so in order to get in you have to wait at least 45 minutes in line in order to get a seat. They need to have at least two, preferably three shows in the main theater in order to accommodate the numbers for cruisers onboard. I was on the Viva from San Juan in January and they had the Syd Norman performers do the Prom Night show in the main theater ,so that helped. Maybe they could do the Rumors she with them- I would really like that. They need to inform us about what’s going to happen. I hope it’s not the end of the Broadway shows but they need to have a good lineup of shows in the main theater!

• Like 1