Shipboard messaging service?

Flnative9206

This is our first time cruising with MSC, and we are sailing with another party. We weren’t sure if MSC had a messaging app to communicate between parties while on the ship.. I have used apps like this on NCL, RCL and Princess. Based on the outdated website that MSC has, I would not be surprised if there is no such thing (lol) but I figured it was worth a shot to ask! 
 TIA! 

15 hours ago, Flnative9206 said:

This is our first time cruising with MSC, and we are sailing with another party. We weren’t sure if MSC had a messaging app to communicate between parties while on the ship.. I have used apps like this on NCL, RCL and Princess. Based on the outdated website that MSC has, I would not be surprised if there is no such thing (lol) but I figured it was worth a shot to ask! 
 TIA! 

The MSCforMe app does have messaging. You have to enter those you want to chat with once you board. I had to log out and log back in a few times a day to get all the messages to come through. It seems to disconnect then reconnect when you go to different areas of the ship and the messaging portion didn’t always reconnect. 

As an FYI, if you have an iPhone, you can usually send / receive iMessages to other to other iPhones without the WiFi package, as long as you are connected to the WiFi network to use your MSCforMe app. It doesn’t work for Androids.

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

The MSCforMe app does have messaging. You have to enter those you want to chat with once you board. I had to log out and log back in a few times a day to get all the messages to come through. It seems to disconnect then reconnect when you go to different areas of the ship and the messaging portion didn’t always reconnect. 

As an FYI, if you have an iPhone, you can usually send / receive iMessages to other to other iPhones without the WiFi package, as long as you are connected to the WiFi network to use your MSCforMe app. It doesn’t work for Androids.

This is super helpful.. thanks! Based on how spotty the website is I wasn’t holding my breath lol 😂 

21 minutes ago, Flnative9206 said:

This is super helpful.. thanks! Based on how spotty the website is I wasn’t holding my breath lol 😂 

Their IT systems are definitely the worst I have seen in the cruise industry.

15 hours ago, Pizaz said:

Yes,  the app has a messaging service it’s quite useful and easy to use!

I wish it worked for us.  If a family member is on their balcony with the door closed, they can't hear when you knock on their cabin door or hear the room phone when you call them.  The messaging app is inconsistent and goes offline.  So you spend much time frustrated because you can't use the app to reach them to meet up.  I'm seriously considering getting a battery-operated doorbell to bring on my next family cruise to get their attention on my next MSC family cruise.