Barcelona train time right after World Europe

Timelinex

We are coming back from a cruise on March 22nd with MSC World Europa. From my understanding, we will probably land on Pier A or B. 

We are planning on taking a train that same day (As early as possible) to Valencia. It's 7 of us (2 kids).  

I want to prebook the train from Barcelona-Sants but to do that I need to know what time I can realistically make and the best way to transport there.  We usually prefer taking public transport but I'm not sure how realistic it is with all our luggage and kids under a time crunch. 

The earlier the train the better, but I also don't know what to expect for disembarkation time, walking times, taxi wait times if we do taxi, and etc...

The best train time seems to be 10:15, but I think that will probably be risky to make? The next realistic train time is 12:00, which is a less direct and more expensive option.

Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

16 hours ago, Timelinex said:

We are coming back from a cruise on March 22nd with MSC World Europa. From my understanding, we will probably land on Pier A or B. 

We are planning on taking a train that same day (As early as possible) to Valencia. It's 7 of us (2 kids).  

I want to prebook the train from Barcelona-Sants but to do that I need to know what time I can realistically make and the best way to transport there.  We usually prefer taking public transport but I'm not sure how realistic it is with all our luggage and kids under a time crunch. 

The earlier the train the better, but I also don't know what to expect for disembarkation time, walking times, taxi wait times if we do taxi, and etc...

The best train time seems to be 10:15, but I think that will probably be risky to make? The next realistic train time is 12:00, which is a less direct and more expensive option.

Hello

You have all information in the Spanish ports section

Have a look

About railway:

Edited by alserrod

16 hours ago, Timelinex said:

About Transport in Barcelona, get a taxi by far

I explain it here

11 hours ago, alserrod said:

Hello

You have all information in the Spanish ports section

Have a look

About railway:

Wow, thank you for the detailed information. Does the one included change for the basic CHOOSE (ELIGE) fare have to be done in advance or can it be done after missing your train?

So if I buy the 10:15 basic choose fare, and because of some kind of bad circumstances we aren't making it in time, will I be able to change the tickets to the 12:00 upon arrival at the station? (Of course assuming there are seats left)

16 minutes ago, Timelinex said:

Wow, thank you for the detailed information. Does the one included change for the basic CHOOSE (ELIGE) fare have to be done in advance or can it be done after missing your train?

So if I buy the 10:15 basic choose fare, and because of some kind of bad circumstances we aren't making it in time, will I be able to change the tickets to the 12:00 upon arrival at the station? (Of course assuming there are seats left)

Hello:

I posted the answer here (to have all Q&A joined). I am posting here because I am surfing for information for next summer. I noticed I am the only user who posts here and lives in Spain-mainland so... for these months, all information I could, I will post. That's the reason to join all posts... In the future they can help someone more

But... this is the copied answer

Hello

This is what Renfe webpage says

ELIGE

Change the ticket at no cost once
 Partial refund (70% of the ticket amount)
 Luggage: up to 3 pieces of luggage (max. 25 kg)

CONFORT

Extra-large Confort seat
 Unlimited free changes, Puente AVE (high-speed), Changes due to missed trains, Free change of ticket holder
 100% of the ticket price refunded up to 7 days after purchase; 95% of the ticket price refunded after this period
 Seat selection, Access to the Club Lounges and in-seat food and drinks
 Luggage: up to 3 pieces of luggage (max. 25 kg)

They point in CONFORT that changes due to missed trains are available and... they do not say in ELIGE 

I haven't ever used it but If I had to make a bet I would say available in Confort, not available for Elige.

A long time ago (they were different rates) I used it.

Missed train means up to one hour later and in station ticket office

Otherwise... if you have a 10:15 train and you change it at 9:45, that is not a missed train (I do not know how much in advance you have for the exchange)

Since the point where taxi leaves you in front of the station it is very fast to go to tracks. There's one baggage control (scanner) and ticket control before the tracks but it is really, really easy despite it is a major station. It is not an airport.

If you would know the station by heart, I would say 10 minutes are enough by far. 5 minutes if you really hurry