Move up and Grats

kasowell2

Not exactly sure I understand the question however gratuities are based on the room you eventually get.

So if you end up in a suite you pay whatever the Sky Suite gratuity rate.

Note:  There is always a chance that Celebrity’s crack IT group will make a mistake and have you prepay the Aqua rate.

"By upgrading to a higher stateroom category, each guest in the booking may be subject to a higher gratuity amount. The Offer Amount does not include the higher gratuity. If the Offer is accepted, the difference between the originl and upgraded stateroom gratuities (if applicable) will be automatically applied to all guests (the "Additional Charges")."

Edited by lv2cruisgrl

Thank you. I had a.ready prepaid the gratuities for aqua class and was wondering about the difference. I also pre paid the upgrade on the drinks and WiFi now I’m worried that will somehow get cancelled because Celebrity’s IT department is horrible. 

36 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Thank you. I had a.ready prepaid the gratuities for aqua class and was wondering about the difference. I also pre paid the upgrade on the drinks and WiFi now I’m worried that will somehow get cancelled because Celebrity’s IT department is horrible. 

The $4.50/pp pd is added to the charge to your credit card for the Move Up.  I haven’t read of anyone getting a Move Up bid and have any previous upgrades or purchases being dropped off the booking. 

• Like 1

I’m a numbers person so I compared old invoice to new one. The new invoice included the original cabin costs plus the move up bid along with the new grats charge. They then subtracted what I had already paid including my previously paid grats and billed my credit card. I printed out all of my previous purchases of the original all included classic drinks and basic WiFi and receipts for upgrading just to make sure. 

• Like 1

As you said there is always a chance that there could be a glitch with Celebrity IT.

As long as you have copies of all the receipts it shouldn't be too hard to resolve if there is a hiccup.