On Board Credit for First Time Passenger on Regent

Have previously taken over 20 cruises on other lines. Coming up in April will be our first cruise on Regent. I know that many services and amenities are included in the cruise fare but I am wondering have other passengers received any on board credit without having to ask their travel agent? Also curious as to what the commission is to travel agents who book cruises with Regent.

First off, Go Sabres and Bills. I can’t comment on commissions but as far as on board credits, you should see what Regent is offering for that particular cruise. You can just look that up on the web site or ask your TA. The TA credit can vary by the specific cruise and cabin class. Don’t be shy to ask for more from your TA than what they offer. They have some wiggle room. On our last 12 day cruise, we had a combined $1,300 in credits, with a portion of that being refundable. Non refundable credits have to be used onboard. Use them or lose them. Refundable credits can be used onboard or taken as a cash credit at the end of the cruise. Be sure to ask your TA to differentiate the two.We used onboard credits for SPA services and for small group tours that Regent offers. Some have used credits for specialty wines, shopping onboard, etc. Since you’ve been on several cruises, hopefully you have a TA you know and can trust. I think it’s important to have a TA who has a long and healthy relationship with Regent. It makes a big difference. Good luck and enjoy Regent.

• Like 1

We received $1000 from Regent as a first timer. for our 2025 cruise on Grandeur.  We also received another $1600 from our TA.  We booked a Deluxe suite category, a G-1 and I fear that was a rookie mistake as it seems too small.  I wanted to upgrade to a Superior suite but will lose the $1000 from Regent as they are no longer having that first timer promo.  I thought it was a continuous first timer promotion but I guess not.  It wasn't advertised at the time of our booking...it was something our TA knew to ask for.

We got $1000 as new to Regent - it was quite hard to spend it . A few trips to the spa and some purchases in the shop although stock was very limited on Grandeur last week . Was nice to use in the spa - it’s so expensive in there , I wouldn’t have gone without the OBC - but was a lovely treat