Budget Car Rental from FLL then drop at Port E?

momneedsrest

Sailing RC Freedom oS in September and arriving FLL day before and renting a car from Budget. Need advice for rental return day of sailing. Can I return it at Port Everglades?  If I can, how close am I to the RC terminal? Is it a walking situation or a shuttle ride? Should I drop the rest of the group at the terminal first with the bags and then return the car?

At one point in the process, I found info that there is a Budget outlet at the port but I can't find that info now. In my next life I want someone else to do all the planning so I can just enjoy the trip!

Yes, you can return it to Budget's Port E location (https://maps.app.goo.gl/YJSSkYv7GN1yeRTQ7?g_st=ic) if that's the location  you selected when making the reservation (or adjusted at car pickup).

It is NOT safely walkable. A free shuttle is normally provided.

I would drop the rest of the party and luggage at the terminal and then drop the car- that's our regular course of business.

• Like 1

Thank you so much! :classic_love: I did select that location but have been struggling to backtrack to verify! I appreciate the map link-this is so helpful. I am relieved to know there is a shuttle and we will take your advice to drop the group and luggage and then return the vehicle. 🥰

Budget ( and Avis)  in FLL are terrible. In January the shuttles to/from/at Port Everglades were not running. They don’t answer the phone.  We had to Uber to the location. There were at least a hundred people waiting in line to get cars and then it started raining. They ran out of cars. We never got a car and had to Uber. I do not recommend. Rent at your own risk. 

Oh gosh! That is so not good! We’re actually getting the car at FLL and then returning it to the port location. Hopefully the situation will be better in September (but I’ll keep the Uber app handy just in case!)