Chilian Fjords Octantis

PUExplorers

1 hour ago, PUExplorers said:

Is any outer wear provided on this cruise?

Boots and pants are provided and required for the Zodiacs. You are given them on the 2nd day. No jackets (unless you’re going to Antartica)

The wind chill is exceptionally cold when on the zodiacs and SOB. A warm jacket, wool cap, gloves, and neck covering is a must. We also wore wool leggings.

Here is my live posting of this cruise from October.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

As OneSixty says.  My version: Top: lightweight wool base layer zip T, REI 650 puffer jacket, Marmot rain jacket, stocking cap; Bottom: polypropylene long underwear under the waterproof pants, standard socks as the boots are very warm.  Sufficient for anything we encountered on Polaris following about 10 days behind Octantis.  I wore the puffer jacket at every port. We were in southern Spring, you will be in Fall (I assume) so weather may be somewhat different.  Check the weather in Ushuia and Punta Arenas to get an idea of what to expect.  In the fjords, the wind off the glaciers is cold, as well as the water.  There might not be much sun.  

If something happens, Polaris had a few of the red outer jackets that you could borrow, but I would not count on that.