After 25 Oceania cruises we will not come back..

urlaub

11 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

I've been to Uruguay.

There are very few places that you can cruise to where you can't fly out.  Perhaps not fly out with a non-stop flight to the USA, but that's not the same as "you can't fly out of".

From Montevideo, for example, one could fly to Buenos Aires, Rio, Sao Paulo or more and then head north to the USA.

LOL. I thought I was the top googler but you're the one.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, TRLD said:

What I am saying is that if they acknowledge that there is a problem and that they have not been able to fix it. Then I would request that they put it in writing and then I would terminate the cruise at the next port and request a refund for remaining cruise days.

I would not stay on the ship if I found conditions to be unacceptable. 

I would note that I have seen cases where the ships staff may placate a customer when they might think that the situation is not unusual. 

If one stays on board then the situation is an annoyance and one still gets the benefits of the cruise. 

We agree with you.  Just toughing it out is like being slapped, then turning your face and saying "slap me again."  And finally saying thank you for slapping me.  When once faced with a similar situation (on a different cruise line) we politely elevated our complaint up to the Hotel Manager.  When not resolved (within a couple of days) we "suggested" they correct the problem or fly us home from the next port (and we were in Europe at the time) and refund the prorated part of our cruise fare for the unused days.  Guess what.  The problem was quickly fixed :).

Hank

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 7:04 PM, no fuss travel said:

It's not only Oceania that has problems fixing things.  We were on HAL, and they could not stop the leak that kept the carpet sopping wet the entire cruise.  They told each day it was fixed but when my husband got up in the morning, wet feet again.  All cruise lines are having problems and unfortunately  if we want to travel we have to accept the bumps and roll with them.  We still laugh about the wet carpet and as the ship was almost full, they were willing to give us an inside cabin instead of the suite that we had paid for.  We put up with the wet carpet.

Did HAL offer you some consideration without your asking?  They should have.

• Like 1