AZURA Cruise 16 Feb to 1st March ShortReview

From the dates above I have just returned from a 2 week cruise on Azura around the Canaries and Madeira a cruise to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. 

The first week getting used to the ship found many "dead ends" where looking at the ship planner we wanted to go somewhere on deck 6 but when we left the rear lifts we could not get through to where we wanted with going up a flight of stairs along a bit and then down, most ships offer the same exercise 😄 so not really a problem just getting used to the ship.

The food. We used only the self service restaurant the whole cruise and I must say the food was excellent especially the roast carved meats and roast potatoes were excellent. It is sometimes very busy, but we found if you go between the set dining limes around 7:00pm it was not too bad. Breakfast times, we were late risers so did not get there much before 10am so again not too crowded.

The bars. We attended most bars, however the Planet bar does have dress restrictions, no shorts and on formal nights you must have a dinner suit or suit and tie. Other bars were also the same except Brodies which was not so strict. That was the only small criticism we had as on this cruise I decided not to do formal and choice of bars was limited.

The ship. Generally was in good condition apart from the clocks on  promenade deck 7, most were wrong and some had no hands at all so hard to see if they were wrong 😄 read none were correct. The ship I believe was last refitted in 2020 so maybe could do with a look at in the next couple of years. The cabin we had on deck 8 with restricted outside views was fine, spotlessly clean and well laid out with a walk in wardrobe.

The cruise overall was really good although the sea days to and from Madeira the weather could have been better, but who can control that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2