Trieste ship to train station how early

littlelulu01

We end our NCL Viva cruise in Trieste arriving in port at 6am. I know it takes a while for the ship to clear and passengers ok’d to debark.  I’m guessing if we have early self debark/carry luggage we could get off ship at 7:30. Is this estimate reasonable? 

I want to book an 8am Italo train from Trieste to Florence. It’s the only daily nonstop fast train option. 

Thoughts on booking this option?  Every minute will count if we only have a half hour so I want to have a solid plan.

Sounds like a bus to train every 10 minutes.  The taxi sounds like a faster option but idk about lines for taxi at 7:30 am and are they willing to take a fare to train station or are they waiting for the longer fares.  Walking depends on where the ship berths.  We’re capable of brisk walking and will only have one small wheeled bag each and happy to do that if it’s the best way.  

Thank you for advice. 

Our cruise ended in Trieste, but we were on the Gem not the Viva.  The first guests could disembark at 7am. These were pax with NCL transfers to VCE. "independent guests' could disembark at 7:30am.

It's about a 15 minute walk from the cruise pier to the station. Flat, easy walk.  We just had 1 carryon sized case.

(Our issue was heavy rain when we got off the train in Trieste. So EVERYONE was waiting for a cab to the ship .... took an hr).  So be prepared in case of rain.

6 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

Our cruise ended in Trieste, but we were on the Gem not the Viva.  The first guests could disembark at 7am. These were pax with NCL transfers to VCE. "independent guests' could disembark at 7:30am.

It's about a 15 minute walk from the cruise pier to the station. Flat, easy walk.  We just had 1 carryon sized case.

(Our issue was heavy rain when we got off the train in Trieste. So EVERYONE was waiting for a cab to the ship .... took an hr).  So be prepared in case of rain.

Thank you. Walking seems the easiest option. If ncl transfer is allowed off at 7 we might be able to self assist off a little before 7:30. Will probably spend the $ for refundable tickets just in case we miss the train and need to take Trenitalia instead of Italo.