A dining reservation question

I will be traveling solo but joining friends who will be on the same cruise. I have booked in a lower category and thus not entitled to as many speciality dining reservations as they are getting .Do I have to use up one if my allotments to join them or can they include me in their bookings?  Thanks in advance

The specialty dining is tied to each cabin/guest. You can make a reservation for all three of you but you would have to use your room/ID number for the third seat.

I also understand that the higher level cabins get access to the reservation system slightly earlier and cannot book a lower level cabin guest to join them until that cabins reservation time opens.

We are in the same situation but I'm sure it will all work out especially if you are not opposed to later dining times. Lots of posts about availability for later sittings (and getting calls to see if you want to move up your reservation if they are slow that evening)

1 hour ago, thebsinmiss said:

I also understand that the higher level cabins get access to the reservation system slightly earlier and cannot book a lower level cabin guest to join them until that cabins reservation time opens.

This is actually incorrect.  When reservations open for higher level suites or staterooms, those guests may also make  reservations for guests in other categories, providing they are sharing a table. We have just done this very thing for our forthcoming Vista cruise.  We are in PH1, and our friends are in Concierge level.  Each reservation we made for them used one of their allocated allowed bookings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

This is actually incorrect.  When reservations open for higher level suites or staterooms, those guests may also make  reservations for guests in other categories, providing they are sharing a table. We have just done this very thing for our forthcoming Vista cruise.  We are in PH1, and our friends are in Concierge level.  Each reservation we made for them used one of their allocated allowed bookings.

Very interesting.  So, to make sure that I understand, you were able to add the Concierge room to your PH Specialty reservations before the Concierge booking window opening date?

Did you do this online, or via directly with O, or through your TA?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, tigerfan75 said:

Very interesting.  So, to make sure that I understand, you were able to add the Concierge room to your PH Specialty reservations before the Concierge booking window opening date?

Did you do this online, or via directly with O, or through your TA?

Thanks!

Yes, correct.  When reservations for our PH1 opened, I made bookings online for my husband, myself, and our two friends who are in a Concierge stateroom.  My TA had already checked with Oceania that this was possible.  It simply meant that by the time our friends' window opened, they were already booked in the specialty restaurants.  They are entitled to four bookings, and we are able to make eight.  I made four bookings for two couples, and four for one couple (us).  The one drawback for them, of course, is that they had company each time they dined in the specialties.  They opted to do that, and were delighted I was able to make the reservations for them.

• Thanks 1