Can I add insurance to my reservation online?

Clampram

I booked a cruise for December and used my FCDs to book. My one and only payment is due in September. Can I add insurance now into my reservation and pay this with the rest of my payment in September?? I want to avoid paying now if I can.

Thanks for you help!

You can wait until final payment to pay for Princess Vacation Protection (PVP), but you may not want to. PVP has an exception for pre-existing conditions. The definition of a pre-existing condition is "a condition that first presents, worsens, becomes acute, or has symptoms causing a person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment, or prompts a change in medication, during the 60 days before the Cancellation Fee Waiver Program is purchased."

I always purchase PVP as soon after depositing that I find a 60-day period that neither DW nor I have had a change in symptoms, diagnosis, or medication to make sure we have coverage. If we wait until final payment, we may have had a change the month before that would make that condition not covered.

Note that "is purchased" refers to the date you actually pay for PVP - not the date you select it for your booking.

If you cancel your cruise before final payment, PVP is fully refundable. So there is no risk in paying for it early. (Note that these comments are directed at cruisers from the US.)

For details, look at the FAQ for Princess Vacation Protection. You can enter your state of residence and get the exact details of coverage.

• Thanks 1