Bolivar Beach Bar in Athens

mimxmom

Has anyone been here recently? If so, is it easily accessible via taxi from cruise port and how long of a ride and how much should I expect it to cost? TIA

11 hours ago, mimxmom said:

Has anyone been here recently? If so, is it easily accessible via taxi from cruise port and how long of a ride and how much should I expect it to cost?

Athens is inland, and the port of Piraeus does not, as far as I am aware, have a beach, so the beach bar must be in a different location out of the city.

You could search on line for taxi prices from Piraeus, and read online reviews for further information to help you decide.  And if the beach bar has a website, you would possibly find further information on it.

The good news is that there are usually many taxis to be found at Piraeus, but depending on your timing on the day and the number of ships disembarking at that time, you may need to wait for a time unless you can pre-book a pick up.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, mimxmom said:

Has anyone been here recently? If so, is it easily accessible via taxi from cruise port and how long of a ride and how much should I expect it to cost? TIA

I looked it up (so can you). It is in Alimos, about 15 minutes by taxi from the port. There is also a tram that runs along the shore and would take you there in about 30 minutes. Google the stops. There is one not far from the port.

Have you been to Athens before? If not, there are better things to do there than go to the beach. And there are better beaches on the islands than around Athens. A beach bar is a beach bar.

You might also want to check the seawater temperature for when you are going on this website:

https://www.seatemperature.org/europe/greece/athens-may.htm

Edited by marazul