Schengen visa requirements for HAL booking

I have someone who wants to join my travel group for an upcoming July HAL cruise that leaves from Rome and visits Croatia, Montenegro, and Greece. She would be added as a third passenger on an existing booking.

She is not a US citizen and with her nationality, will need to apply for a multiple entry Schengen visa. The chicken or the egg (or Catch-22) question: The visa application information from the Italian consulate says that she will need to provide documentation of her lodging in Italy (ie the Cruise reservation) and round-trip flight reservation (ie, Flight Ease booking). However, when I spoke with a TA from my travel agency that I used, she said that the person has to get her visa application in order - first before being added. Thus, this sounds a bit of a dilemma. Does anyone know what the right precedence should be for getting her on the booking?

3 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

I have someone who wants to join my travel group for an upcoming July HAL cruise that leaves from Rome and visits Croatia, Montenegro, and Greece. She would be added as a third passenger on an existing booking.

She is not a US citizen and with her nationality, will need to apply for a multiple entry Schengen visa. The chicken or the egg (or Catch-22) question: The visa application information from the Italian consulate says that she will need to provide documentation of her lodging in Italy (ie the Cruise reservation) and round-trip flight reservation (ie, Flight Ease booking). However, when I spoke with a TA from my travel agency that I used, she said that the person has to get her visa application in order - first before being added. Thus, this sounds a bit of a dilemma. Does anyone know what the right precedence should be for getting her on the booking?

Book a precruise hotel in Rome.  Easy to cancel.   Book her own air.  Don't use flight ease.  

or book a fully refundable air ticket then cancel after you get the visa. 

I would think a TA would be more accommodating by providing a booking now.   

• Like 3