STAR FLYER - 12 October 2024 - Sporades Highlights

habenicd

With only the three small ships these boards are typically kind of slow.

So, I will start something.

Anyone else booked for this cruise?

There are four of us going.  Two of which, this will be there first Star Clippers cruise.

I am not going on this sailing, but I am trying Star Clippers for the first time next March to Costa Rica.  Have you done that itinerary?  I see you’ve done 56 Star Clipper sailings, wow! 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 5:46 PM, Phamer55 said:

I am not going on this sailing, but I am trying Star Clippers for the first time next March to Costa Rica.  Have you done that itinerary?  I see you’ve done 56 Star Clipper sailings, wow! 

I wish 56 sailings. 😉 56 days. Most of our sailings have been in the Med but Tahiti was the best.

We did the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica on Windstar just before we discovered Star Clippers. We had a great trip though. You should enjoy it on Star Clippers too. The crew is great and our experience is that most of the other passengers like a bit of adventure and usually have plenty of stories to tell regarding travel and life in general. With the open seating for dinner, you well meet plenty of new friends. We actually have dear friends going with us on this next trip. It will be their first time. We are excited to share Star Clippers with them. 

Finally, you will find mornings center around the bridge for sailing and afternoon/evenings center around the Tropical Bar. It is a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of fun and adventure.   

Awesome, thank for all this great info!  It gets me excited for my sailing next year...I've done about 70 ocean cruises and 1 river cruise, so looking to try something completely different with Star Clippers.  I enjoyed the river cruise as it was easy to make new friends...and as you explained, Star Clippers is very similar in that way.

We aren’t going on your cruise, but we’re sailing with Star Clippers for the first time this summer. We’re excited for this adventure because we’ve only done ocean cruises and one river cruise. We’ll be boarding the Royal Clipper on July 30!

• Like 1

I'm also not going on this particular sailing, but sailing the Star Clipper in late August through Greece to Venice as a solo female in her 60s. This will be my first small-ship sailing and I'm very excited for the experience. 

• Like 2