Vista Class Verandahs (Noordam)

I have an upcoming voyage on the Noordam and took an upgrade offer to a verandah.  It's not a well selling voyage (its an unusual 5 night voyage from Vancouver) and was offered an upgrade from Oceanview to verandah for $50 total.  I took it and have a few options of cabins that I'd love to get some input on.  It seems like deck 4 and 8 have deeper balconies than decks 5 or 6.

• 4053 or 4054 - I like the fact that I could look aft and see a bit more given that these are the last verandahs before the lifeboats.  I'm okay with the exposed nature of this location.  While underway, either of these would seem to have less wind.
  • 4124 and 4123 - These are similar to 4053 and 4054 but have lifeboats forward and no adjacent room.  The only downside is they seem like they would be windier than 4053 or 4054, but its easier to see forward.
  • Several VA rooms on on deck 5 -all seem to be the same with what looks like a narrower verandah
  • 2 VA rooms on deck 6 (6082/6091), right next to the panoramic elevators which I've read have less privacy and the elevator makes noise all day and night
  • 1 VA room on deck 8, near midship (8069).  This seems to have a slightly deeper balcony than decks 5 or 6.

Any advice would be appreciated - which room would you take and why?

2 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Any advice would be appreciated - which room would you take and why?

If you think you will be "using" the balcony, take 4053 or 4054. I would take 6082 or 6091 -- do not "use" the balcony nor have concerns about privacy or noise, value the midship location. 8069 is midships, but appears to be under the DiveIn kitchen.

39 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

8069 is midships, but appears to be under the DiveIn kitchen.

Good point.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Could I ask why you would choose 4053/4054 rather than 4123/4124?

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Could I ask why you would choose 4053/4054 rather than 4123/4124?

The probably wind factor. Also it is closer to the elevator that takes you to the Crows Nest!

As far as what crx pointed out, the farther forward balconies are next to the lifeboats and the farther aft ones are next to the Tenders, which are bigger/taller boats and seem like they loom over your space more. 

Well, now I come to you all with another question and hoping for your wisdom on Noordam verandahs.

Choices on either a deck 5 aft cabin where there are 2 availabile (5187, 5189) or deck 4 wide balcony cabins (4164 or 4166).  What would you choose?  I've stayed in similar cabins to 4164 and 4166 on the K-dam and it was nice - never stayed in an aft verandah and a bit concerned about the noise from the wake when underway.

image.png.16b699f98f736bdba6bfaa9ed9822758.png

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Well, now I come to you all with another question and hoping for your wisdom on Noordam verandahs.

All of those cabins have galleries of pics and several have mini-reviews on HalFacts:

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/

On sister ships, but the numbering seems to be the same.

I do not have a recommendation as we have never stayed aft, but you should make your decision quickly as all of the choices are fairly sought-after cabins... even if cruise "not selling well".