Suite Guarantee for 3 people on Wonder

Yesterday I booked a Suite GTY for 3 of us on the Wonder in January. I'm aware that we will most likely end up in a JS due to the Royal Up program. I'm just wondering whether they could put us in any JS onboard, including a J4 intended to sleep only 2 people. I didn't realize when I booked how few JS on Wonder sleep more than 2 people. I subsequently looked at the deck plans, and it appears that there are only 16 J3s on decks 6-8 (+ 2 accessible rooms on deck 14). It looks like there are 114 total JS, so by far the majority are J4s which are double occupancy. (Incidentally, that seems like an odd choice on RCI's part.) Any thoughts about whether they could put three of us in a J4?

On a different note, I hate how invoices of late indicate only "GTY" as the category. I called the C&A number to verify what was showing on their end, and they confirmed it showed Suite GTY. I asked if I could get documentation showing that and was told that they weren't able to provide that. This worked out fine with the last GTY I booked (an ocean view balcony GTY), but I hate not having any proof of what I actually booked.

Thanks for any insight regarding on the JS situation!

2 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I'm aware that we will most likely end up in a JS due to the Royal Up program.

Your GTY assignment has virtually nothing to do with Royal Up.

No, you won't get a cabin which can't accommodate the number of people on the booking.

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Your GTY assignment has virtually nothing to do with Royal Up.

No, you won't get a cabin which can't accommodate the number of people on the booking.

Thanks, @Biker19. In keeping with RCI's mission to maximize profits, I assumed that they would prioritize people bidding for upgrades for GS and above, and assign the vacated JSs to the GTY folks. I would love to be pleasantly surprised!

I was just wondering whether they could justify putting us in a J4 and expect the third person to sleep on the sofa or a rollaway bed. That might be fine for a young child, but not as much for our tall 20 year old!

32 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I would love to be pleasantly surprised!

If not before, you will very likely see your cabin assignment at check in at 45 days out. That is likely well before any Royal Up wins are handed out.

• Like 1