Allure OTS compared to Mariner OTS

On 3/14/2024 at 11:24 AM, BillOh said:

Was that in Nassau and you ended up getting back on her in Fallmouth? I remember reading a story like that here years ago

Yup, that's me 😉

• Like 1

Both are great ships, just depends on what you priorities are...  Sailed Mariner in december and allure in January and had a great time on both.. In fact sail Mariner in April then allure in May...

Allure- love the dining (specialty restauarants)  japenese steakhouse and brazillian steakhouse

-the vibe in boleros

-tranquility of central park 

Mariner-less people.. (Did I mention less people)

-the vibe of Schooner bar

As you can see I bounce back and forth

Rick

On 3/14/2024 at 2:39 PM, easyqueasy said:

I’ve cruised both ships and I enjoyed Allure more. It is an impressive ship. Lots to do and see, lots of seatings around the ship. The exercise track on a separate dedicated deck so you’re not using same area as others is great. And there are two separate Flowriders for surfers and boogie boarders and that’s a huge plus. Mama Mia and the Aqua show were also fantastic. I enjoyed the outdoor movie by the pool on Mariner more as the seating for it on Allure was odd and lots of activity and people not caring that they’re loud and talking at the seats even though they’re not watching the movie. But Mariner is good, just not as good in my opinion.

Those of you that know the Allure well.... 

My cousin and I (both ladies in our 60's) are going on her for a 3 day girls trip.  We choose the anytime dinning.   We love being active.  Can you give me any advice on where to eat that is complimentary, what we should not miss. 

Any hints that will help us get the most out of our 3 days?  We plan to stay on board at Nausau, as we have been there many times.  Will there be things to do when in port?

Thanks for any help you can give us.