Carnival Panorama review! March 2024

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

RCLcruiser2012 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Hello! We are in our 40s with a tween. We have cruised several times- 3 with Carnival, Royal, and Norweigan.

Pros: The ship is beautiful! She is well maintained. Staff was fantastic. Room steward did an excellent job. She was always cheerful. Our waiter was fantastic. He was attentive. I loved the Italian restaurant and the pizza. All of the onboard activities was great. Slides, sky rider, and ropes course was a hit. Trivia and bingo is always fun. No rowdy crowdy- lots of families! 🙂

Cons- Food. This is so subjective so no screaming at me. We were unimpressed with the SMALL buffet. What happened?!? Covid cuts or because there is other complementary dining. If you like heavy food and only 1 option of vegetables you will enjoy the buffet. There is a salad bar- eh. Deli too. I miss the big spread. Dinner at buffet was disappointing. Similar items as MDR too. The famous melting cake was like runny batter. 😞 We did enjoy many MDR dinner options but again giving 2 pieces of broccoli or cauliflower is not going to cut it. The broccoli soup had no brocolli but was like water. Tasty but not going to cut it. No variety in desserts. Bread basket? What happened to choosing bread for dinner and now it's only 1 option. 

We couldn't hear any announcements. It needs to come through in the room or cruise director needs to speak louder. People didn't get quiet for announcements even when the captain came on. Crazy. I liked our cruise director though.

Excursions- 5 stars! 

• Like 3

Fair assessment, we were the Panorama right before the vid thing hit, had a great time, didn't cruise again until a year ago spring, on different Carnival ships. There were definitely changes we noticed. Menus were smaller and staff seemed smaller. Not sure if it's because folks found other careers due to the vid. Still fun, but different. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

Fair assessment, we were the Panorama right before the vid thing hit, had a great time, didn't cruise again until a year ago spring, on different Carnival ships. There were definitely changes we noticed. Menus were smaller and staff seemed smaller. Not sure if it's because folks found other careers due to the vid. Still fun, but different. 

I have heard a lot of previous cruise employees have found different  careers so it's been a struggle across all cruise lines. 

• Like 1