Is 3 ships in port (10,000 passengers arriving 7;00, 7:30 and 8:00am) an unusually busy day?

land64shark

Posted (edited)

10k day visitors was unheard of not that long ago. Today with BCL and Disney 5k - 7k is a”normal” day. So April 2 will indeed be a busy port day here…

But you have a nice useable port time of ~8.5 - 9.5 hours, depending on your ship, which is enviable to many other day visitors to Tortola…

I see you are asking about Long Bay, Beef Island in another post,, do you want a beach with the most amenities and facilities, and most day visitors as a result? Of a less-developed beach like LBB with fewer day visitors?

Edited by blue_water

Doesn't matter anymore. Just got notice (less than 5 days before sailing) that we are no longer going to Tortola. We will be going to St Maarten instead....due to "port congestion". I understand 3 ships is a lot for Tortola, but it's shown 3 ships and also that we were to tender since I booked my cruise months ago. Why wait until now to change it?

🥴
Have you been to SXM before? We enjoyed the half-day Golden Eagle cat sail while cruising there on Carnival and the full-day while staying there. Nice day on the water!

If looking for a less busy beach, our go-to beach with amenities when ships are  in port is Friar’s Bay. 

• Like 1

Well I booked a Princess cruise Eastern Caribbean with Tortola. And there would be 13700 passengers from 3 mega ships! I hope other ships will move because the itinerary has Tortola in its title and that's the reason I booked it. 

7 hours ago, tc-cruise said:

Well I booked a Princess cruise Eastern Caribbean with Tortola. And there would be 13700 passengers from 3 mega ships! I hope other ships will move because the itinerary has Tortola in its title and that's the reason I booked it. 

Were you looking at any specific excursions? Tortola is one of the best ports for a catamaran sail. No crowds, and some amazing snorkeling, or amazing beach stop on Jost…

• 2 weeks later...