13 Nt Western Europe Transatlantic - What to Wear

On 3/18/2024 at 10:50 AM, Remlar5555 said:

Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale and then to Belgium, Ireland, and England.  Staying post trip in London, 3days, and Dublin, 3 days.  What should I pack for clothes?  Do I need summer clothes and then have to switch to winter clothes 1/2 way through the atlantic ocean?  Thanks for any advice.

OK, my 1st TA isn't until next week...

But I did UK the beginning of May last year.

It was forecast to be rainy & cool the whole time...it was actually lovely most days (no jacket needed), except 2 very rainy days. I took a puffer vest to wear under my rain jacket & only needed it once.

I have been told it is typically quiet nice out of FL & across the Atlantic until you get north of Portugal or so.

So you will need to pack a variety of clothing--prepare for warm weather early, cooler later, ALWAYS with a chance of rain.

I had waterproof sneakers (POURED in Amsterdam...feet stayed nice & dry) as well as waterproof Sorel Chelsea boots. Umbrella & hooded raincoat--wished I had a brimmed hat on rainy days as I wear glasses. And clothing I could layer--merino wool is the workhorse of my travel capsule wardrobe. Merino wool pieces: 3 s/s tees, 3 l/s tees, 1 crewneck sweater, 2 cardigans, dress, large scarf (serves as a blanket on plane). This plus 2 pair of Skechers Go Walk boot cut yoga pants (they go from activewear to dinnerwear)--I did a month with a 19" carry on & backpack!