Seaweed ? Maegens or sapphire beach

Posted (edited)

At orient beach now as I write this, seaweed is making the water unbearable imho.   Tomorrow we go to st Thomas.   Looking for someone who has been there recently or in March/ April to help me decide which beach has less seaweed!!!!

also is sapphire beach rocky ?  We love maegens but would like a more commercial beach with chair options and food options !

Edited by Katie0713

Posted (edited)

Katie,  I am NO expert...  But, to make an educated guess, Magen's Bey, of course, is developed and run as a St Thomas 'Park'. with chair rentals, drinks food etc..  (Should be $40. for one setup - two chairs with umbrella)  If there is Sargassum at Orient Bay...  (which, I am so sorry to hear that you are seeing this..  It was reported as mostly clear recently). then Magen's is also the best bet to avoid the Sargassum.  

Sapphire beach seems to be another beautiful beach.  Does have some rock/coral/ironshore.   Magen's Bay will be more of the sandy bottom.

PS:  I would love if you could, someday soon, post some photos or info, like on TripAdvisor listing for Orient Bay Beach!   It would be nice to see the current conditions.   We are hoping to visit next Feb...  and I believe it will be hit or miss for the Seaweed.

Edited by Wishing on a star